Can I Move This Automatically Created Folder?
Hi guys,

I've installed PCSX2 in this folder and path:
C/Users/Me/Desktop/Emulators/PCSX2 0.9.8

and while configuring (first time configuration) the bios, a folder was created automatically in this path:
C/Users/Me/Documents
and I've placed the bios inside it.

That folder is named PCSX2 and is containing these folders:
bios
inis
logs
memcards
snaps
sstates

I want to move the PCSX2 folder (automatically created) inside PSCX2 0.9.8 (installed) but I'm afraid the emulator won't work well. Can I move it? Pls answer. Smile

Sponsored links

yes you can but it will pop-up a warning message asking you to relocate the bios,ini,logs,memcards,etc folder.

Note:
"Users" is a system folder and high-security privilages it is best to put outside users's folder
e.g.
C:\pcsx2\
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
And if you do not want to see those warning msgs, just delete the PCSX2 key in the registry (HKCU->PCSX2). When done, just run PCSX2 executable file and you can set up everying from the beginning. For the old settings, you'll be ask to either import or overwrite them. And as tallbender says, you should place it outside those system folders such as Windows, Program Files... if you're using the default UAC to avoid potential annoying troubles with it.
(07-22-2011, 04:34 PM)Livy Wrote: And if you do not want to see those warning msgs, just delete the PCSX2 key in the registry (HKCU->PCSX2). When done, just run PCSX2 executable file and you can set up everying from the beginning. For the old settings, you'll be ask to either import or overwrite them. And as tallbender says, you should place it outside those system folders such as Windows, Program Files... if you're using the default UAC to avoid potential annoying troubles with it.

where is the registry? should i reinstall after deleting it in the registry?
don't install an emulator to the desktop

infact, don't install anything to the desktop.
Run C:\Windows\regedit.exe or just type "regedit.exe" in the Run command (without quotes). In the registry editor, go to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER->PCSX2 and delete it. You can modify each sub keys if you know what it means, but if you're not sure just delete it. You need not to reinstall PCSX2. After deleting that key, just run PCSX2.exe and it will ask you to select where to save PCSX2 settings. Select your old folder, PCSX2 will tell you it finds existing settings in that folder and ask you to Import or Overwrite -- choose Import. That's how it's done.
Ive reinstalled pcsx2 already, but Ive placed it inside C\Program Files, but it always create a folder automatically inside the Documents folder, so i chose another path for bios, memcards, snaps, sstates and logs but there is no config path for inis so I moved the folder inis and when I start PCSX2, this always come out:

x86 Features Detected:
MMX.. SSE.. SSE2.. SSE3.. SSSE3

Reserving memory for recompilers...

Loading plugins...
Binding GS : C:\Program Files\PCSX2\PCSX2 0.9.8\plugins\Please Configure
(pxActionEvent) (LoadSinglePluginEvent) The configured GS plugin file was not found(LoadCorePlugins)

C:\Program Files\PCSX2\PCSX2 0.9.8\plugins\Please Configure
(GameDB) 9082 games on record (loaded in 330ms)
User-canceled plugin configuration; Plugins not loaded!

ALTHOUGH I HAVE THE PLUGINS! PLS HELP ME! Sad
Download this and extract it inside the C:\Program Files\PCSX2\PCSX2 0.9.8 folder. Then all the settings will be stored in there.

Attached Files
.rar   portable.rar (Size: 76 bytes / Downloads: 335)
[Image: newsig.jpg]
those folders are created on the first run of pcsx2 if the portable.ini is not in the pcsx2 folder.
(07-23-2011, 09:18 AM)Bositman Wrote: Download this and extract it inside the C:\Program Files\PCSX2\PCSX2 0.9.8 folder. Then all the settings will be stored in there.

Okay thanks, so what exactly should I do step-by-step? Install PCSX2 0.9.8 inside C\Program Files, extract and place portable.ini inside it,do the configuration and choose another path for bios, memcards, etc., and after that, "Can I delete the automatically created folder inside Documents?