Can I convert my PS2 Classic (PS3) save to work on PCSX2?
Question 
My brother and I play Persona 3 FES on our PS3, but we are trying to sell it at the moment and I'd like to know how to be able to continue our saves on this emulator. I've got Persona 3 FES up and running perfectly on PCSX2, so all I need to do is move our saves from the PS3 to the computer in a way that PCSX2 can read them.

Is this possible? If so, can you guys lend me a hand?

Thanks!  Biggrin

Sponsored links

You should be able to use psvexporter to get individual save files, use PS2 Savebuilder to create a usable save, and then put that save in PCSX2's memory card with mymc.
CPU: AMD Ryzen 3700X @ 3.6 GHz
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1660S
RAM: 16GB DDR4
(08-07-2015, 04:14 AM)junknaut Wrote: You should be able to use psvexporter to get individual save files, use PS2 Savebuilder to create a usable save, and then put that save in PCSX2's memory card with mymc.

I've tried using psvexporter, but it doesn't seem to see my .VME files. When I copy my save files from the PS3 to a USB, the save files go to ... > PS3 > EXPORT > PS2SD > (random numbers) > (random numbers).VME

I found this video that seems to be the solution to my problem but I can't download the PS2 Save Converter from the website she mentions for some reason.
Your problem is that the save file format used for the downloaded PS2 Classics (VME) is not the same format used for saves copied from/to virtual PS2 memory cards on the PS3 (PSV).

I haven't tested it, so no idea if this actually is what you need, but this tool sounds like it would convert them: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/AYR2N....rar_links

e2: This also needs some old Visual Basic runtime: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/180071

e3: Yeah, this works. Launch VMEconv.exe, go to the Decrypt tab, hit the Decrypt VME button in the middle right, and point it at your SCEVMC0.VME. It will create a SCEVMC0.VMC which can be opened and extracted from with MyMC.

e4: It looks like you might be even able to use that SCEVMC0.VMC directly as a memory card in pcsx2, just add a .ps2 extension and move it to the memcard folder.
Edit 4: More "evidence" about Sony's emulator?
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(08-07-2015, 07:22 PM)AdmiralCurtiss Wrote: Your problem is that the save file format used for the downloaded PS2 Classics (VME) is not the same format used for saves copied from/to virtual PS2 memory cards on the PS3 (PSV).

I haven't tested it, so no idea if this actually is what you need, but this tool sounds like it would convert them: http://www.mirrorcreator.com/files/AYR2N....rar_links

e2: This also needs some old Visual Basic runtime: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/180071

e3: Yeah, this works. Launch VMEconv.exe, go to the Decrypt tab, hit the Decrypt VME button in the middle right, and point it at your SCEVMC0.VME. It will create a SCEVMC0.VMC which can be opened and extracted from with MyMC.

e4: It looks like you might be even able to use that SCEVMC0.VMC directly as a memory card in pcsx2, just add a .ps2 extension and move it to the memcard folder.

Thank you! I will test this out and reply back when I get results!
Evidence about what? It's just a raw memory card image, like you would get if you took a real memory card and dumped it.
I tested it, and it works! I took the the .VMC and changed it to .ps2 and it works perfectly.

Thanks again! Have some reputation. Smile
I know this thread is old but I would also like to get my saves from my PS3 to use on PS2, but whenever I try to download MemCardConv_v3.5 my computer always warns me about a virus so I'm super sketched out to use it.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go