Can I improve my settings more? pcsx2 1.3.0
(11-12-2014, 04:05 PM)Coornio Wrote: Now ain't you a rude boy, coming onto someone else's thread to ask something irrelevant Tongue

But here:
http://buildbot.orphis.net/pcsx2/

Don't be fooled by the 1.2.1 version, it's devel builds so that is actually 1.3.0

Orphis build bot is been saying WRONG verison since it came back up compared to what the ACTUAL builds say. it never been fixed and it probably wont be, But it can confused the hell out of people when there trying to track down what build they actual have or just trying to look for build.

One day it will be fixed. maybe?

Sponsored links

Hi again!

Dosent seem like the 60fps patch makes the game look any better. I got the same fps at the top of the window with or without the patch. Seems like there isent alot more i can do.

Would increasing the custom resolution in GSDx to more then (1920x1080)x6 make a difference? I am only using 50% of my gpu when I am fighting with the options I got right now.
no it better to lower it putting it higher would just make it worse.
(11-13-2014, 12:47 AM)tsunami2311 Wrote: no it better to lower it putting it higher would just make it worse.

Could you explain why for a beginner in this area like me? What resolution is best to have? Or what do you strive for when changing these values? Smile(I hope you arent sarcastic and making me look like a fool Wink)
Internal resolution defines how the objects are rendered. If the internal resolution is higher than the screen resolution you will almost get no enhancement by further increasing it.

The native resolution for different games can vary. Even within a game it can vary. I think typical resolutions are in the range of 300 till 600 pixels in width and height with some aspect ratio.

By setting the internal resolution to a factor of 4 or higher times native resolution you will highly probable end in something that is larger than FullHD.

A different approach would be to use a custom resolution of your screen resolution. This would result in some optimum setting for your system. Unfortunately using resolutions that are not multiple of the native resolution the gs plugin can create graphical glitches.

I would say: If you have a strong gpu and you are not cpu limited just set the internal resolution to 4x native.
If you are cpu limited increasing the internal resolution would lead to slowdowns since some of the additional work is also handled by the cpu thread.
(11-13-2014, 01:32 AM)willkuer Wrote: Internal resolution defines how the objects are rendered. If the internal resolution is higher than the screen resolution you will almost get no enhancement by further increasing it.

The native resolution for different games can vary. Even within a game it can vary. I think typical resolutions are in the range of 300 till 600 pixels in width and height with some aspect ratio.

By setting the internal resolution to a factor of 4 or higher times native resolution you will highly probable end in something that is larger than FullHD.

A different approach would be to use a custom resolution of your screen resolution. This would result in some optimum setting for your system. Unfortunately using resolutions that are not multiple of the native resolution the gs plugin can create graphical glitches.

I would say: If you have a strong gpu and you are not cpu limited just set the internal resolution to 4x native.
If you are cpu limited increasing the internal resolution would lead to slowdowns since some of the additional work is also handled by the cpu thread.

Aha, thanks for the answer. Will lower to x4 instead of x6 then Smile

Thanks for all the answers guys! Really appreciate it!