Can I play Xenosaga?
(08-27-2010, 10:12 PM)VaynardX Wrote: Did you overclock it or that's the default clockspeed of that processor?

Overclocked, I don't think there's any CPU that comes with that high clocks already.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64

Sponsored links

(08-27-2010, 10:22 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: About Xenosaga I, it's not it's that demanding (comparing with some others there), the problem being it doesn't like speed hacks and will break with the minimal VU cycle stealing... so, really a no go for all but the most powerful CPUs.

Uhh, I had my nose bleedin on the vu cycle thingy.@, ,@ What does that do?

(08-27-2010, 11:11 PM)Saiki Wrote:
(08-27-2010, 10:06 PM)VaynardX Wrote: Oh damn, I wanna play that game.T_T Anyway, how about suikoden games? Are suikoden games as demanding as xenosaga?
your CPU clocks out much faster than mine, you should be fine

Hmm, have you played xenosaga on pcsx2 already? If yes, how was it? And if you dont mind, can you post your pc specs so I can be ready.XD
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT
I played 2, and look at my profile for my specs
The VU cycle stealing does what the name tells. It can indeed increase the FPS but since it is doing less things in the vector unities it might translate in less things happening in each frame, so it may appear as a lag of sorts and slowdown in some parts of the game. Still it may be better than actual low FPS which securely slows everything down all the time.

Most games runs fine (at least playable and without notable issues) with one or even two steps in that hack, sadly Xenosaga series is not among them, mainly the first one. With the minimal VU cycle stealing the sound desyncs badly at the numerous cutscenes practically ruining all the playability. Actually I don't even know what happens in the whole, because it's so bad that desynchronization that I always reseated the game in all experiences.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(08-27-2010, 11:41 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote:
(08-27-2010, 10:12 PM)VaynardX Wrote: Did you overclock it or that's the default clockspeed of that processor?

Overclocked, I don't think there's any CPU that comes with that high clocks already.

I found.... one lol
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.as...6819115227
Oh, there goes that then Tongue2
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
Xenosaga I: Demanding, has an extreme performance hit during mech battles. Cutscenes tend to slow-down too. Seems like a GS problem, since the GS% is always pretty high.
Xenosaga II: Doesn't seem to be demanding. Got 50FPS almost all the time (PAL). Just enable 8-Bit textures to have smoother gameplay.
Xenosaga III: Bit more demanding than II (looks better though Tongue). 8-Bit textures help again. Do not increase the internal res too much, if you have a weak GPU.

For all games, the recommended speed hacks work safely, afaik.

For your PC, I'd always recommend native res. And experiment some more with speed hacks. Then, you might be able to run them with acceptable speed.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU
(08-28-2010, 08:45 AM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Oh, there goes that then Tongue2

lol well no dual core comes at 3.6, that's a quad Tongue

I see. I wonder why Xenosaga 1's more demanding than its sequels.@.@ Anyway, I am going to rip an iso from me dvd game now. Hopefully everything works fine. Wish me luck guys.Laugh
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo 2.8GHz
Vid Card: Geforce 9400GT
i5-680 is a dual (2+2), no quad.