Can I run Persona 4?
Hey guys, I was wondering if I would be able to nicely run Persona 4 with these specs, and how to go about configuring PCSX2.

Manufacturer: Compal
Processor: Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM CPU @ 2.00GHz (8 CPUs), ~2.0GHz
Memory: 8 GB RAM
Graphics Card: NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M
[Image: 2ag3ho6.jpg]

Sponsored links

You can play persona 4 with that pc yes, nicely well that depends of u, my advice, try the native resolution first and see if u have full frames, then u can upscale the resolution, check the persona 4 post im pretty sure theres some ones with configurations and more, search button work great for this.
I just made a guide for things like this. See my signature.

Your CPU clock is low, but use the high performance setup and see where it gets you.
One thing to note is that EE and VU speedhacks stuff up Persona 4's battle scenes and make them sluggish on my system.
They only make things worse in a lot of games. Hence why they're one of the last things I resort to using.
Not in a lot of games(i played a lot of games in 2010 and vu is rly the only one that cause problems in some games), persona 4 doesnt like the vu cycle hack but the EE works fine(vu give u false fps and drope the actual fps), u should use the multi thread hack since u have a quad core.
Didn't know if people would get pissed off if i made a new thread for this so i found this one. I'm planning to get a new pc this year and from what i read the minimum requirements for pcsx2 are along the lines of

E8400 3GHz processor
a graphics card equal to or faster than 9600GT
1GB RAM

but seeming as how it really depends on the game, if i got something equal to this would i be able to play Persona 4 smoothly?
That terminology "fake FPS" have always make me wonder Smile

How I understand it, one could say fake lecture of FPS, but is not what is being meant. I believe is meant "despite the FPS is indeed that reported, the actual image is being sampled in wrong timing", as to say it is not "moving as it should" but the number of frames being sampled per second is correct.

Contrary of movies (in celluloid) where the image and the frame are inseparable, in PC environment the image and the frame aren't so rigidly tied. This is still valid even in emulating console games where ideally the image and the frame should be that inseparable as well.

PS: Since much of the internal sync in the emulator is done based on the frames (and not the image)... that "lag" introduced by some the speedhacks and dependent on the games, might still be preferable than raw low FPS... but each case is a case and generalization does not help here.

Contrary to the popular belief, EE Cyclerate is more prone to cause desync than VU cycle stealing (and is the main cause of subtitles and voices desync). The most common collateral effect of VU cycle stealing is the above mentioned "lag". But, repeating, that depend a lot on the game being played.
Imagination is where we are truly real
just use Native option on GSDX and change your GSDX to GSDX10 Hardware i think it will running smoothly maybe 60-50 fps
You can't change GSDX to 10, it only have DX9 or DX10/11 (Automatically selects if it's DX10 or 11) and indeed it is recommended to run P4 in DX11 to get better performance, but since this thread is quite old, the person, probably already had an answer.