Can I run demanding games at full speed (specs included)
Its handy with weak Mobo, with p45, multiplier is not a problem for e5200. I have lost on my lottery -.- 2.9 on stock voltage and 3.5 on 1.45v ... 3 ghz on stock is absolutely common and i even saw 3.4 ghz on stock -.-. 3.5 should be easy reachable with 1.35v.
i have already decided that my next move will be i5 750 and currently i think about MSI P55-GD65 mobo. The best OC/price ratio i found. It OC better than many more expensive boards and looses currently only to the most expensive asus ones. But i keep looking if anything better appears.
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU

Sponsored links

(10-28-2009, 10:56 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote:
DKTronics Wrote:Did you even click on that link I posted ?

No need to, it's a months old article I never agreed to because of the things I said already.

You carry on believing what you want to believe, but you can't be further from the truth.
I've already built two machines with these CPUs, and having already owned a E5200 for 6 months, I can tell you FACT, the E6300 is a superior CPU. I got to 3.5Ghz, on BOTH machines, with AUTO voltages, nothing more.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
I checked out the link but was really disappointed to learn that it doesn't actually do any E5200 to E6300 comparisons so I'm not sure what we're supposed to learn form that, other than "yeah this E6300 performs exactly like we all figured it would -- which is a little less than the 7xxx series and a little bit lesser yet than the E8xxx series."

In fact if anything that link proves a point: That it's financially retarded to recommend that someone spend $80 to upgrade to an E6300 over an E5200. That's spending $80 for what would be the equivalent of upgrading from a 45" TV to a 46" TV. Oh sure it's a wee bit better, but cripes for a bit more you could actually have a significant upgrade.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Air, if you don't want me around then ban me, as I'm pretty sick and effing tired of these "Petty" jibes directed at ME, lately. OK ?

That link had F-all to do with a E5200, infact I was basically talking to Elwin, Who I was basically under the impression that he wasn't happy with his CPU and wanted something else. So, instead of spending money on another E5200, if they're still around, get the SAME priced E6300, instead.
"Retarded", as you quite elegantly put it, would be to buy the exact same CPU, while hoping/expecting to get a "lottery Winner" type CPU for overclocking.
Is that ok with you ? Or do you want to go quoting me out of context again ?

I know you like ingoring me anyway, especially in gsdx bug reporting, as you seem to love cherry-picking your bug fixing, and ignoring others like myself.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
DKTronics you misunderstood me. I am not happy but i didnt wrote that i want change. I will live with it until i get money for i5, pumping money in lga775 is not really good idea nowadays if i alrady have one. But i am not blaming you of course.
Intel Dual Core E5200 @ 3,5ghz /gigabyte GF9500GT/2 GB RAM / ASRock P45XE/ Corsair CMPSU-400CXEU
DKTronics: To be completely fair... you've been taking jabs and pot shots at people constantly over the last week or so. If you are getting worked up over the forum or the people on the forum... maybe you should just take a break for a week or two... come back once you've relaxed a little bit. There is never a reason to get upset and insulting over something that happens on some random place on the internet.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Alright so I've managed to get my CPU to 4GHz at ~1.3v idle.
(Measured by CPU-Z)
Bus Speed 444.4 MHz, Rated FSB 1777.9 MHz.

Does this sound safe for 24/7 use, or will it degrade my CPU faster?
Any amount of overclocking/overvoltage will degrade your CPU faster... but as long as you have adequate cooling, it honestly shouldn't be a very large (if any) impact on the lifecycle. We're talking about processors that are pretty much designed to survive 3x+ their actual useful life expectancy (5-6 years is to be expected from most PCs, where as most people upgrade their PC every 2 years or so)
[Image: 2748844.png]