Can I run it?
Hi, I'm new here and a bit of a tech/specs newb. If someone could tell me whether or not my computer will be able to run this emulator well (preferably very well, of course), I'd really appreciate it.

I have a Dell desktop with Windows XP
Processor: Intel® Pentium® D CPU 2.80 GHz (2 CPUs)
Memory: 3GB RAM
Video Card: Radeon X600, 256MB memory (ya, it's pretty crappy)
Oh, and about 60GB free hard drive space, plus a 500GB external harddrive if space becomes an issue.
If I'm forgetting some necessary computer spec, just let me know and I'll try to find it.

Assuming my computer is good enough, I'll probably be back with several more questions Tongue.

Sponsored links

it's most certainly fast enough, but I don't keep up with ATI
It's a rather crappy card I got for free with the computer a couple years ago. It can still run most new PC games on medium settings, but I'm not sure whether that relates to an emulator or not.

Thanks for the reassurance though!

Quick question: in my dxdiag it says my DirectX version is DirectX 9.0c, but I just downloaded and installed DirectX 10 (or tried to at least). Any idea why this may be?
yea, means something, 8400 can do low-rez high settings, so you should be semi-ok with it then
(04-14-2009, 12:19 AM)Saiki Wrote: yea, means something, 8400 can do low-rez high settings, so you should be semi-ok with it then

Where'd you get 8400 from?

If my thinking is correct... He's using one of the crappy dual core's.. Not C2D..
(04-14-2009, 12:25 AM)Sythedragon Wrote:
(04-14-2009, 12:19 AM)Saiki Wrote: yea, means something, 8400 can do low-rez high settings, so you should be semi-ok with it then

Where'd you get 8400 from?

If my thinking is correct... He's using one of the crappy dual core's.. Not C2D..

newegg
Quick question: in my dxdiag it says my DirectX version is DirectX 9.0c, but I just downloaded and installed DirectX 10 (or tried to at least). Any idea why this may be? Will it affect the program?

Edit: Neeeeevermind. Seems like DX10 only works with newer cards, or only on Vista or something like that?
(04-14-2009, 12:36 AM)Klaxon12 Wrote: Quick question: in my dxdiag it says my DirectX version is DirectX 9.0c, but I just downloaded and installed DirectX 10 (or tried to at least). Any idea why this may be? Will it affect the program?

Edit: Neeeeevermind. Seems like DX10 only works with newer cards, or only on Vista or something like that?

xp: dx9c, max
Vista: dx 11 (after vin7 release)
(04-14-2009, 12:36 AM)Klaxon12 Wrote: Edit: Neeeeevermind. Seems like DX10 only works with newer cards, or only on Vista or something like that?

Both. You need a newer card with DX10 support, and running either Vista/Windows 7 beta.

For various reasons, DX10 isn't available on XP regardless of whether or not your hardware supports it.
"This thread should be closed immediately, it causes parallel imagination and multiprocess hallucination" --ardhi
Rather than make a new thread I figure I'll post another question here:

Can anyone tell me how/link me to a guide on ripping my PS2 games BIOS or whatever?