Can I run this? I tried everything
I have a dell XPS 15z with intel core i5-2410m CPU at 2.3 GHz and 6gb of installed ram and I think up to 1 gb of ram dedicated to video. I want to run KH2FM but it gets really slow at some points. Am I even able to run this well?

Sponsored links

the cpu is kindof slow (and only dual core) but it might be possible, make sure you use the dedicated GPU in nvidia optimus so pcsx2 doesn't use the intel graphics card.
(right click on the exe and select the gpu you want to run with)

(since you didnt specify what GPU you have exactly i just went by the first google result, NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1GB)
use latest svn and enable mtvu hack.
enable some speedhacks too (ee cycle rate to 1 and all recommended ones should be ok)

set gsdx internal res to native since you seem to have a laptop integrated gpu

don't expect miracles, though. Kh2 is medium/high demanding and 2.3ghz is quite weak for pcsx2...
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-30-2012, 12:22 PM)hyakki Wrote: the cpu is kindof slow (and only dual core) but it might be possible, make sure you use the dedicated GPU in nvidia optimus so pcsx2 doesn't use the intel graphics card.
(right click on the exe and select the gpu you want to run with)

(since you didnt specify what GPU you have exactly i just went by the first google result, NVIDIA GeForce GT 525M 1GB)

wow that really did the trick thank you so much!

(06-30-2012, 12:23 PM)jesalvein Wrote: use latest svn and enable mtvu hack.
enable some speedhacks too (ee cycle rate to 1 and all recommended ones should be ok)

set gsdx internal res to native since you seem to have a laptop integrated gpu

don't expect miracles, though. Kh2 is medium/high demanding and 2.3ghz is quite weak for pcsx2...

can you tell me (or direct to to) how to i can get the latest svn and how to enable mtvy hack?
svns : http://pcsx2.net/download/development/svn.html

mtvu hack is a new speedhack. you'll find it in speedhacks tab
Make sure the laptop is in High Performance mode over the other 2 as they can cause your CPU to underclock itself to save battery life.
(06-30-2012, 12:18 PM)Lienutus Wrote: I have a dell XPS 15z with intel core i5-2410m CPU at 2.3 GHz and 6gb of installed ram and I think up to 1 gb of ram dedicated to video. I want to run KH2FM but it gets really slow at some points. Am I even able to run this well?

From hardware view ,your NB has sufficient ram for both sys and video.But you can try to locate the game ISO to usb finger for better game access(USB data bandwidth should bigger than oridinary PS2 DVD rom .no impact) .I guess it may have some inprovement .since your cpu is an advanced dual core .The processing cap limit may be flatten in some game performance.
Thanks guys! I'm going to give all those ideas a shot now
quick question about using the latest svn(sorry, very new to this). When I download it, i have to reconfigure and essentially just use a new emulator from my previous one. Do i have to configure it all over again each time? Like what exactly is it? I have a pcsx2 in my programs folder on my c drive and I also have this new svn that has its own pcsx2 application on my desktop
reconfigure the svn version, and use it as it is.
keep stable version in another directory if you feel like doing it, since it can give better results on other games.