Can I run this any faster?
Ok, I have the PCSX2 most recent Playground version. When I try to run Sly Cooper i only get 20 fps.

Is there anyway I can run this game faster?

My specs:

Manufacturer:
Falcon Northwest
Processor:
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU E8400 @ 3.00GHz (2 CPUs), ~3.0GHz
Memory:
2030MB RAM
Hard Drive:
500 GB
Video Card:
NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT
Monitor:
SyncMaster 223BW/223BWG/216BW(Digital)
Sound Card:
Speakers (2- Logitech USB Headset)
Operating System:
Windows Vistaâ„¢ Home Premium (6.0, Build 6001) Service Pack 1 (6001.longhorn_rtm.080118-1840)

Sponsored links

No i really don't think that you can runn games if the speed is so slow or mabe if you turn on speed hacks you can make it run faster then what is was now.
Also try enabling all checkboxes in advanced. - gives x2 speed boosts in some games.

What settings are you using? If using GSDX, what does it report about its CPU usage? ("xx% CPU")
(01-17-2009, 09:46 PM)Nneeve Wrote: Also try enabling all checkboxes in advanced. - gives x2 speed boosts in some games.

What settings are you using? If using GSDX, what does it report about its CPU usage? ("xx% CPU")

Ok this is what i have configured:
checked:
EERec
All VU Recompilers
Multi threaded GS mode

for advanced:
all checkboxes checked

for speedhacks:
all except EE/IOP Sync Hack

My FPS now ranges from high 20s to 60s and an average about 32-36.

I'm now pleased with it, but is there anyway I can get rid of the lag spots? (the time in which the frame goes to 25-29s)? Should I check EE/IOP Sync Hack? Will it screw up my computer?
Nothing related to the emulator will screw up your PC, only the user can screw up his own PC.

If the game runs slow, try speedhacks and stuff. As well you may try playing in DX10. Use DaZ and FtZ. If it runs slow like that, the game itself is slow... that means you'll either have to use VU Skip, or play it on your PS2. Your PC is fairly good to PCSX2, so it isn't at fault AFAIK, I have the same CPU that you, but overclocked to 3.60 ghz.
Scratch that only the animations run well, I only get about 25-30 fps during gameplay Sad