Can I use this emu? Mainly for GT4 NTSC
(06-04-2009, 12:41 PM)Gabest Wrote: Not every slim is too slim Laugh

Few month ago I bought this for $25, with a gigabyte gf9400 mobo it makes a nice and cheap htpc in the living room:

http://www.hkc-europe.com/showPro.asp?ArticleID=406

doesnt look slim to me, infact it looks normal sized Tongue2 "Slim" cases are generally desktops rather than towers, so the optical drive bays go lengthwise rather than across. However i agree with the above, slims are not good news, the best nvidia card ive seen for slims is a geforce 7300, which i personally wouldnt even put in an internet-non gaming machine.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

Indeed, Dell's "Slim" cases actually have more in common with laptops than desktops. They use laptop-style proprietary ribbon cables for the SATA drives, they use laptop-style dvd drives (ie, you can pop out, and plug it right into a loptop), and have special mountings for everything else too. The usually include sub-200w power supplies also.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
I'm surprised no one has detoured him from getting a Dell in the first place. I guess that's just my personal opinion though.
Intel Core 2 Duo QX9750 Extreme Edition | eVGA 790i FTW | BFG GTX 280 OC 1GB | 8GB of Patriot Viper
(06-04-2009, 02:12 PM)refraction Wrote: doesnt look slim to me, infact it looks normal sized Tongue2 "Slim" cases are generally desktops rather than towers, so the optical drive bays go lengthwise rather than across. However i agree with the above, slims are not good news, the best nvidia card ive seen for slims is a geforce 7300, which i personally wouldnt even put in an internet-non gaming machine.
It's a desktop, just standing on the pic to make it look cooler. The height is for 3 1/4 drives or hdds only, as a regular tower it would be 5 1/2 to make those dvd drives fit sideways.
(06-04-2009, 06:59 PM)Gabest Wrote:
(06-04-2009, 02:12 PM)refraction Wrote: doesnt look slim to me, infact it looks normal sized Tongue2 "Slim" cases are generally desktops rather than towers, so the optical drive bays go lengthwise rather than across. However i agree with the above, slims are not good news, the best nvidia card ive seen for slims is a geforce 7300, which i personally wouldnt even put in an internet-non gaming machine.
It's a desktop, just standing on the pic to make it look cooler. The height is for 3 1/4 drives or hdds only, as a regular tower it would be 5 1/2 to make those dvd drives fit sideways.

oh right, my lame monitor at work made it look like there was a cd drive in the "top"
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]