Can I use this emu? Mainly for GT4 NTSC
Is it possible that I can use this emu with

Pentium D 2.80Ghz
2GB Ram
512MB ATi X800 XT

I tried running GT4 and I followed one of Wohlrajh's posts about the best config to run GT4, but when I race I get horrible frame rate. It seems like a second is a millisecond in that game.

Any suggestions?

Sponsored links

Your system is very old. You can try some of the more compatible games like FFX or Kingdom Hearts with some speed hacks, but I wouldn't expect too much.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
Which in your opinion is worse? My GPU or my CPU
Both =/
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
okay... well I am planning on getting a new computer so its okay.... the computer I am going to buy has a "low profile" expansion spot for a graphics card. do you have an idea what I could get that would be good but "low profile"? thanks again
Upgrade your rig entirely for best result.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
well I am getting this very soon
http://www.dell.com/content/products/pro...l=en&s=bsd

ill prob have to upgrade the graphics card myself
Look man, you cannot play this game well 50fps+ if you dont have C2D at.3.6Ghz or equavalent and good gpu directx.10 mode support and play this game under directx.10 mode.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
(06-04-2009, 07:26 AM)steve45058 Wrote: well I am getting this very soon
http://www.dell.com/content/products/pro...220st?c=us&cs=04&l=en&s=bsd

ill prob have to upgrade the graphics card myself

Slim cases are bad news. I used to own one. Typical problems include:

* Rapid overheating if you disable Speedstep / power conservation options.

* Lousy and inconsistent performance for games if you don't disable those.

* Neither ATI nor Nvidia make low-profile versions of their high end video cards, and most likely you won't find LP versions of their mid-range stuff either. (ie, you're stuck 'upgrading' to a low end card since that's all that'll fit in your crap case).

* Putting a better video card in your case causes even more overheading, leading to more speedstepping, resulting in an overall performance drop; when you would be expecting like, you know, a speedup?

If you're interested in gaming -- and Pcsx2 in particular -- then avoid the slim cases. They're bad mojo. IF you do insist on getting a slim case, then crack it open as soon as you get it, and take a small rotating table/desk fan and point it right into the back of the dumb thing. That'll allow you to disable all the speedstepping crap and at least get stable performance from it.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
Not every slim is too slim Laugh

Few month ago I bought this for $25, with a gigabyte gf9400 mobo it makes a nice and cheap htpc in the living room:

http://www.hkc-europe.com/showPro.asp?ArticleID=406