Poll: simple and easy to use ps2 emulator!!!
You do not have permission to vote in this poll.
i want that
25.00%
1 25.00%
no need
75.00%
3 75.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

Can Ps2 emulator be simple easy guide Please
The hardware in your laptop is on the weaker side for PCSX2.
Some games will run pretty well, but many will certainly prove too much (regardless of settings).

So, the game(s) you're trying to run will certainly determine how well it will run. Don't expect everything to run well, but a fair share should do well (or well enough) just with low internal resolution, and some Speedhacks applied.

What are you trying to emulate? Name some games, and I can tell you any of them I'm certain are beyond your system's capabilities.

Sponsored links

super robot war alpha 2,3,4

i still cannot play it super laggy
I'm not familiar with those games, myself.

Have you set the internal resolution low, like using native?
[Image: nativeb.png]

Have you tried using the Presets, working your way up through them one-by-one, reviewing the effects on gameplay each time?
[Image: preset.png]

What kind of FPS are you getting at the after doing this? At the lowest, highest, or on average?
(Note: At some point, with some games, hacks may eventually "break" emulation in some ways. One of those ways will cause a "false FPS read-out", where the FPS will look great, but the gameplay will feel apparent that it's incorrect.)
my setting all default

and i use is direct3d9

stilll lag T_T
(09-23-2011, 07:31 AM)hell321 Wrote: Pc surpass ps2 hardware limit but still laggy no constant fps limit unstable
Now I get your problem. You have a computer that is more powerful than the PlayStation 2 but you cannot play its game at constant 60 FPS, and you think you incorrectly config something, yes?

Let start with the basics. The PS2 and the PC is 2 different machines. Theoretically games for the PS2 cannot be played on the PC and vice-versa. To play PS2 games on PC you need a program called 'emulator', which translate PlayStation 2 machine code to PC machine code to run. For example if the PlayStation 2 CPU is capable of doing multiplication while the PC CPU is only capable of doing addition, and the PS2 game requires an operator 3*5, so the emulator must tell the PC to perform 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 + 3 to simulate/emulate the PS2 CPU. The result is the same, but the PC CPU must do 4 operators instead of 1. It is called performace cost. In short your PC must be much more powerful than the PS2 to be able to playing its games. Both your CPU and GPU is not meet the hardware requirements to run PCSX2. It is the reason why the game is running slow.
(09-23-2011, 08:18 AM)hell321 Wrote: my setting all default

and i use is direct3d9

stilll lag T_T

You should change your Renderer to Direct3D11 (Hardware).
Also, you could change the GS plugin to the SSE41 one (that's in the Plugin/BIOS selector menu).

Do what I've suggested here, and use the 2 things I marked with red in those pictures, and see if it helps.
Basically, Hell made this thread after he was told in the "can my computer run PCSX2" thread that his PC wasn't up to snuff.

This thread is basically a "You guys have to get it up and running full speed and make it easier to config"

Maybe it's just the fact that I've spent time working on and building computers since I was very young... but the instruction guide isn't that complicated. I guess if there was a lot of interest I could write a simpler one, but really if you can't understand the guide enough to configure PCSX2 you likely lack the skills and computer necessary to run it anyways.
[Image: 2748844.png]
but i use direct3d11 hardware laggy

1.i change to direct X 9 hardware stable
2.i use speed hack 0-EE 0-vu
3.8bit texture
4.texture filter
5. vsync
6. loop thing in speedhack

but got abit of screen jerking

core i7 1.73ghz(4core)
4gb ram
ATI HD 5470
window 7 64bit

can it play valkyrie profile 2 ?
and FF X2?
it can, but slowly.
1.73 Ghz is slow for pcsx2, unfortunately.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
oic thank you