Can Someone Help Me? Extreme Lag!
Alright. TY Smile

Well, I reconfigured it and I'm having perfect graphics using DirectX9 Software mode but I have intense lag. I opened up Task Manager after about 3 minutes of playing and say that indeed I was averaging around 97% CPU power on all 4 of my cores.

The only speedhack I have in use is that MTVU one I set rendering threads in the GPU options to 16 threads [max].

Anything else I might be able to do?

Sponsored links

It's not about ram, you've been told what your problem is. The tech world was pretty upset about the whole bulldozer thing, but from the news it seems that it's actually a success.
16 threads is overkill, try 1 or 2 and see if that helps. As it is you are definitely going to need a speed hack or two, try putting them both on 2 see how that goes.
(05-01-2012, 10:52 PM)naoan Wrote: It's not about ram, you've been told what your problem is. The tech world was pretty upset about the whole bulldozer thing, but from the news it seems that it's actually a success.

??? Duude. Read the whole thread man. I know what the problem is, you know that I know what the problem is, we're on to different things now.

(05-01-2012, 10:54 PM)Trotterwatch Wrote: 16 threads is overkill, try 1 or 2 and see if that helps. As it is you are definitely going to need a speed hack or two, try putting them both on 2 see how that goes.

Alright I'll set it to 2 then 1. But I have a new question.. there are about 6-8 speed hacks. 2 of which have sliders.. what's "try putting them both on 2 see how that goes." mean?
Move the ones with sliders to 1 or 2, experiment see what you can do. Tick all the others in the speedhacks panel apart from Fast CDVD.
(05-01-2012, 11:04 PM)Trotterwatch Wrote: Move the ones with sliders to 1 or 2, experiment see what you can do. Tick all the others in the speedhacks panel apart from Fast CDVD.

Alright Smile I'll give it a shot! Thank you!
Extreme progress! Now I'm having normal speed in very small rooms and decent [still heavy lag] speed in large rooms or rooms with enemies.

Also, it seems like even when I'm having lag it still says I have 60FPS for some reason...?

Should I push those 2 bars to the max?
The hacks with the sliders can have detrimental effects, some games tolerate them well, others will break. One of the ways in which they break is often by giving false FPS readings, it may say 60 but it isn't running at that speed. Instead of raising them it might be better to decrease them. Experiment, you aren't going to cause any permanent damage, you might want to try one on 2, and the other on 1 or vice versa.

It's worth reading the descriptions and the tooltips as well as they can show quite a bit of information to get a feel for what they all do.
(05-01-2012, 11:20 PM)Trotterwatch Wrote: The hacks with the sliders can have detrimental effects, some games tolerate them well, others will break. One of the ways in which they break is often by giving false FPS readings, it may say 60 but it isn't running at that speed. Instead of raising them it might be better to decrease them. Experiment, you aren't going to cause any permanent damage, you might want to try one on 2, and the other on 1 or vice versa.

It's worth reading the descriptions and the tooltips as well as they can show quite a bit of information to get a feel for what they all do.

Alright I'll do some experimentation. be back in 10 minutes Tongue
(05-01-2012, 11:00 PM)xXShaddowTXx Wrote: ??? Duude. Read the whole thread man. I know what the problem is, you know that I know what the problem is, we're on to different things now.

Yeah no, I was writing the post when you ninja'd me, should have use quote though.

Both those games are pretty intensive games afaik, your only chance to play them flawlessly is to OC that CPU to the max.