Can anybody help out a total computer noob out with PCSX?
Hi! So, I'm trying to setup this emulator to play some Kingdom Hearts games but I'm having some confusion. I'm not a totally inept grandma when it comes to computers or anything, and I've at least used a fairly simple emulator before (A NintendoDS one if anyone was wondering) but compared to my friends I can get a bit scatterbrained when it comes and to tech lingo and complicated instructions. Can anyone help me with a clear cut explanation. I'm stumped with what I'm supposed to do about BIOS. Thank you!

Sponsored links

you need to extract it from your real PS2 console, then put it in the "bios" folder :

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n3AVqzYcqSw&ab_channel=FullGrownGaming
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Emulators are not for computer noob. You should consider pc games, there are plenty.
(12-17-2020, 03:20 AM)sportster Wrote: Emulators are not for computer noob. You should consider pc games, there are plenty.

Whoa, that was unnecessarily rude. Just so you know, this is Support forum, so the said support should be given whether he was a noob or not.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]
In somewhat defense to what sporster said. Emulators are complicated and not easy to set up. A lot of people get frustrated with them because they require a lot of work, and understanding of computers, plugins...hardware vs software. Configuring to work with your controller. How to extract the BIOS. How to convert your games from the CD to an ISO. Does your computer meet the required specs? Some people don't even know what there computer specs are, or how to look them up. So, while it is a support forum, there has to be some computer knowledge from the user. They also should look up the instructions and FAQ's and try to learn some things on there own, rather than asking people to hold there hand through every single step. If they make an effort to learn on there own, and just kept getting completely stumped, then they should ask for help at that time
Windows 11 64 bit OS
Intel Core i7-10700
Geforce RTX 2060 6GB
32 GB DDR4 RAM
(12-17-2020, 03:50 AM)envisaged0ne Wrote: In somewhat defense to what sporster said. Emulators are complicated and not easy to set up. A lot of people get frustrated with them because they require a lot of work, and understanding of computers, plugins...hardware vs software. Configuring to work with your controller. How to extract the BIOS. How to convert your games from the CD to an ISO. Does your computer meet the required specs? Some people don't even know what there computer specs are, or how to look them up. So, while it is a support forum, there has to be some computer knowledge from the user. They also should look up the instructions and FAQ's and try to learn some things on there own, rather than asking people to hold there hand through every single step. If they make an effort to learn on there own, and just kept getting completely stumped, then they should ask for help at that time

While I kinda agree that users should still have at least basic-to-advanced computer knowledge to use an emulator, but still, at least try to tell it in a nice, encouraging way.
[Image: cGzK8nC.gif]