Can anyone help? PLEASE
So basically, I am playing GTA SA(on controller) on PCSX2. I wanna know how to get cheat codes to work in the game. No I don’t mean cheats in general, like CHEAT CODES. I want them to work just how they would on an actual PS2(press certain button combo and then cheat activated) only one cheat code actually works. (being the blow up all cars one) can anybody help me? (is there a certain .pnach file that implements all cheat codes, but they don’t always run. Thank you.)

Sponsored links

I have the US Greatest Hits version that came in the triple pack with GTA III and Vice City. Anyway, these codes seem to work for me:
https://www.liveabout.com/grand-theft-au...%20rows%20
(05-31-2022, 02:25 AM)IPlayWithHex Wrote: I have the US Greatest Hits version that came in the triple pack with GTA III and Vice City. Anyway, these codes seem to work for me:
https://www.liveabout.com/grand-theft-au...%20rows%20

yes but the problem is i am emulating and thru pcsx2 and the cheat codes do not work there atleast for me. im looking for maybe a pnach that implements the cheat codes

(i did a .pnach that basically implements the weapon pack cheat codes by holding l1 and pressing the up arrow although this does not work!)
Yeah, I tested (some of)them on PCSX2 before I posted them. They worked for me. They may only work for certain versions, which is why I mentioned mine.

You probably just didn't make the patch right, or you made it for a different version. What version of the game do you have? If you don't know the SLUS just run the game, wait 2 seconds then shutdown the emu and check the emuLog.txt -- it'll be close to the top.

Once you know the correct SLUS, find it here(San Andreas is under Go - Gr):
https://gamehacking.org/system/ps2/g

Then use these tools to convert the codes you want into pnach format correctly -- (master codes are NOT needed):
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Multi-Con...-much-more

Sorry if I'm explaining things you already know, but other people may be interested. Smile
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Here is the part of the log that gives you the SLUS and main version information:

Code:
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_209.46;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 3.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC
found 0 symbols
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_209.46;1) Game CRC = 0x2C6BE434, EntryPoint = 0x00100008
(SYSTEM.CNF) Detected PS2 Disc = cdrom0:\SLUS_209.46;1
(SYSTEM.CNF) Software version = 3.00
(SYSTEM.CNF) Disc region type = NTSC

As you can see, my SLUS is 209.46, the same as the one on the page I downloaded them from orignally: (cannot put url for some reason but it was gamehacking.org>game>103856)

Here is the code for the .pnach file which is, yes, placed in the cheats folder.

Code:
gametitle=Grand Theft Auto - San Andreas (NTSC-U)
comment=File generated by GameHacking.org

//P1 Hold L1, Then Tap Up For Weapon Set 1 by Code Master, Lajos Szalay, Azagthoth, Fullcodes, darkkiller
patch=1,EE,E002FBEF,extended,00700942
patch=1,EE,2059D390,extended,3C02518B
patch=1,EE,2059D3A4,extended,3442AD1E

//P1 Hold L1, Then Tap Right For Weapon Set 2 by Code Master, Lajos Szalay, Azagthoth, Fullcodes, darkkiller
patch=1,EE,E002FBDF,extended,00700942
patch=1,EE,2059D390,extended,3C028679
patch=1,EE,2059D3A4,extended,344274FB

//P1 Hold L1, Then Tap Down For Weapon Set 3 by Code Master, Lajos Szalay, Azagthoth, Fullcodes, darkkiller
patch=1,EE,E002FBBF,extended,00700942
patch=1,EE,2059D390,extended,3C028075
patch=1,EE,2059D3A4,extended,34420205

And, if you're wondering how I got this, I downloaded the master .pnach with every single cheat on the page, but from previous experience I knew the entire thing would crash the game, so how I did cheats before(not the same kind of cheats like cheat codes more like infinite health, money, etc) is I just copied and pasted the ones I wanted from the master file, and copied the same format everything was in. This worked, I have done literally nothing different for this one. Just got the starting code from the master file and then used the find tool to find the cheats I want and then pasted them in. It's worked before but it is no longer working for some reason.
Full emulog, please
(05-31-2022, 06:38 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Full emulog, please
Why? I tried, and the full emulog is like 200000 characters above the character limit. Tell me which part I need. Like seriously, it's 10,000 lines. I shouldn't need the entire thing.
Just attach the file or post it to pastebin, then
Full emulog:

pastebin.com/4zkHVLLF