Can i run Final Fantasy XII smoothly in my system?
AVX if you are using software rendering, SSE4 if you are using hardware.

Sponsored links

(06-18-2012, 01:13 AM)Trotterwatch Wrote: AVX if you are using software rendering, SSE4 if you are using hardware.

Can u be more specific plz?, software rendering??? i use a video card to run games.
@Darksouls18

I'm using a i7 2600 stock clocked, Radeon HD4870, 8gb DDR3.

The game runs constant 60fps (ntsc) framelimited. With turbo 200%, limiter off = ~ 135fps constant (I use it for fast travel mostly).
Skipdraw 1 is an absolute nessecity as it fixes Flame Purge and a few other spell's slowdowns.

GSdx 10 (since my card isn't DX11)

GSdx10 plugin options: Native off, Scaling Custom, set custom resolution to whatever your monitor can handle (mine is set to 1600x1050), skipdraw 1
Texture filtering on, 8 bit textures off
Aspect Ratio : Fit to window/screen (Emulation settings, GS Window tab)
Speedhacks : MTVU on (since you're on quadcore).

I'm about 60 hours in the game, no crashes, no slowdowns, no glitches.
(06-18-2012, 01:25 AM)darksouls18 Wrote: Can u be more specific plz?, software rendering??? i use a video card to run games.

Software mode: Useful when used with AVX instruction set, will utilize your CPU, very accurate graphics emulation...

Hardware mode: It will fully utilize your graphics card, better use the highest available CPU instruction set, in your case, pick SSE4...
(06-18-2012, 06:50 AM)Archerko Wrote: Software mode: Useful when used with AVX instruction set, will utilize your CPU, very accurate graphics emulation...

Hardware mode: It will fully utilize your graphics card, better use the highest available CPU instruction set, in your case, pick SSE4...

Got it, ty, i probe software mode in Metal Gear 3 and it's very slow, hardware mode give me 60 fps in that game, im gonna probe software mode to run final fantasy XII but i guess it will slow too.
(06-18-2012, 06:50 AM)Archerko Wrote: Software mode: Useful when used with AVX instruction set, will utilize your CPU, very accurate graphics emulation...

It doesn't matter, AVX will run in hardware mode exactly the same as SSE4. Therefore it's best to just use AVX when it's available so that if you run into problems and have to press F9 you'll get the advantages of using AVX when doing so. I know so myself because I use AVX all the time and did a lot of AVX vs SSE4 tests as well.
(06-18-2012, 10:57 AM)Alexander Moore Wrote: It doesn't matter, AVX will run in hardware mode exactly the same as SSE4. Therefore it's best to just use AVX when it's available so that if you run into problems and have to press F9 you'll get the advantages of using AVX when doing so.
+1