Can i run Final Fantasy XII smoothly in my system?
Pc specs: Intel Core I7 2600 k 3.8 ghz
Gpu:Nvidia gtx 580 1536 mb ddr5
Ram: 8 gb Kyngston HyperX 1600 mhz
Windows 7 Home Premium 64 bits

So, can i run this game 100%? or should i expect audio, video, framerate issues?

Can someone recommend me the best pcsx2 settings for this game?
Thx for the help.

Sponsored links

default settings will be fine.
you may increase gsdx internal res to 3x native too, since your PC will have no problem running this game
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Is that 3.8Ghz turbo frequency or you overclocked it that much? Because intel's turbo feature doesn't boost all cores, it'll spread out the speed depending on the number of cores utilized.

Default settings should run fine with high gsdx resolutions. The game will not run at full speed during the entire time though, some mists/quickenings are too CPU heavy, not sure how much of an overclock you'll need to achieve 100% speed there (it may not even be possible).

Other than that speed should be fine during most of the game, I'd overclock the CPU to 4Ghz (that's nothing for SB CPUs) to make sure you'll get full speed during scenes with lots of characters/enemies around.
2500K | ASUS Maximus IV Gene-Z/Gen3 | Antec HCG-620 | 8GB Corsair Vengeance LP | Corsair 500R case | Win7 64-bit
Next upgrades: GPU & CPU Cooler + Overclock!
Quickenings etc. are rather GPU heavy or even B-U-G heavy, surely not cpu from what I remember playing last time;P, skipdraw set to 1(in GSdx config, hardware hacks) fixes speed with them.
(06-17-2012, 12:15 PM)jesalvein Wrote: default settings will be fine.
you may increase gsdx internal res to 3x native too, since your PC will have no problem running this game
Omg i hope so, cause the games looks so nice increasing the native res, if u see the game in ps2 and then running on pcsx2 u will definitely burn ur ps2 Laugh, ty for answer so quickly.
(06-17-2012, 12:21 PM)MetallicA Wrote: Is that 3.8Ghz turbo frequency or you overclocked it that much? Because intel's turbo feature doesn't boost all cores, it'll spread out the speed depending on the number of cores utilized.

Default settings should run fine with high gsdx resolutions. The game will not run at full speed during the entire time though, some mists/quickenings are too CPU heavy, not sure how much of an overclock you'll need to achieve 100% speed there (it may not even be possible).

Other than that speed should be fine during most of the game, I'd overclock the CPU to 4Ghz (that's nothing for SB CPUs) to make sure you'll get full speed during scenes with lots of characters/enemies around.
It's overclocked at 3.8, i can't push the cpu harder cause i have the stock fan, i can't believe that this game can't run at constant 60 fps, btw what do u mean by quickenings? (sorry, my english is pretty bad), so let me see if i get this, are u saying that if i overclock my cpu to 4 ghz the game will run 100% even in quickenings?
(06-17-2012, 12:31 PM)miseru99 Wrote: Quickenings etc. are rather GPU heavy or even B-U-G heavy, surely not cpu from what I remember playing last time;P, skipdraw set to 1(in GSdx config, hardware hacks) fixes speed with them.
So guys, its cpu or gpu heavy? btw,this emulator works with sli??
(06-17-2012, 01:50 PM)darksouls18 Wrote: So guys, its cpu or gpu heavy? btw,this emulator works with sli??
GPU, but with mentioned skipdraw hack you'll have no problems running the game at full hd;3.

Unless ofc you will try to play with SLI activated. SLI + PCSX2 = worst life experience(ok ok, in reality nothing beats intel HD;3).
(06-17-2012, 02:02 PM)miseru99 Wrote: GPU, but with mentioned skipdraw hack you'll have no problems running the game at full hd;3.

Unless ofc you will try to play with SLI activated. SLI + PCSX2 = worst life experience(ok ok, in reality nothing beats intel HD;3).

Ok my friend, i'll try this and then i'll post here to tell u my experience, ty.
Ok guys, the game runs full smoothly at constant 50 fps (pal version of the game, i speak spanish) at default settings and 6x native res, which is really good looks really nice, but i've been noticed some ghost effect around the characters and some audio lag spikes, what is causing this?
(06-17-2012, 03:52 PM)darksouls18 Wrote: but i've been noticed some ghost effect around the characters

The ghosting were produced from up-scaling AFAIK, 3x Native is more than enough, unless you're using really huge monitor that utilize the 6x Native...

Furthermore, there is minor differences with settings 4x, 5x and 6x...
(06-17-2012, 04:36 PM)Archerko Wrote: The ghosting were produced from up-scaling AFAIK, 3x Native is more than enough, unless you're using really huge monitor that utilize the 6x Native...

Furthermore, there is minor differences with settings 4x, 5x and 6x...

I see, but i do see the difference between 3x and 6x at 1080p monitor resolution, only one very important question, which plugin gsdx is better avx or sse4?