Can my PC play FPS such as MoH, CoD etc.
Been wanting to go back in time to play the classic FPS. I did the setup correctly and the game would always be below 30 frames. Here are my specs:

Processor
Intel® Core™ i5 CPU M 450 @ 2.40GHz
Manufacturer
Intel
Speed
2.4 GHz
Number of Cores

Video Card
Intel® HD Graphics
Manufacturer
Intel
Chipset
Intel® HD Graphics
Dedicated Memory
64.0 MB
Total Memory
1.7 GB

Memory
4.0 GB

Sponsored links

30 fps speed is quite a good score for the cpu you have, actually.
better play them on your ps2 if you want playable speeds for now
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-27-2016, 08:17 AM)jesalvein Wrote: 30 fps speed is quite a good score for the cpu you have, actually.
better play them on your ps2 if you want playable speeds for now

The thing is that I do not even get a stable 30 fps. Can I not play this game with my current specs? And thank you for the help!  Biggrin
not over 30 fps
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-27-2016, 08:22 AM)jesalvein Wrote: not over 30 fps

I do not mind 30 fps, but I dip to about 10 in the game, and if I'm lucky maybe 15. Is this because of my PC or an actual problem with the emulator?
(03-27-2016, 08:27 AM)CJBuch Wrote: I do not mind 30 fps, but I dip to about 10 in the game, and if I'm lucky maybe 15. Is this because of my PC or an actual problem with the emulator?

PC. PS2 emulation requires fairly precise emulation of quite a few different processors and coprocessors, which ends up requiring a fairly quick CPU. Sadly a lot of laptops aren't able do deliver the type of performance needed for this.

You can try messing with speedhacks, but that's about the best you can do.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(03-27-2016, 08:31 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: PC. PS2 emulation requires fairly precise emulation of quite a few different processors and coprocessors, which ends up requiring a fairly quick CPU. Sadly a lot of laptops aren't able do deliver the type of performance needed for this.

You can try messing with speedhacks, but that's about the best you can do.

Ah, well thank you man, appreciate the response.