Can my laptop emulate ps2 games at constant 60 fps?
I purchased a new laptop for $800. Here are the specs:
CPU Type
Intel Core i7-2670QM 2.2GHz, 3.1 Ghz turbo
Memory Size
4GB DDR3
Hard Disk
640GB
Graphics Card
NVIDIA GeForce GT 540M 1 GB
Will this laptop be able to play kh2 and final fantasy x at constant 60 fps?

Sponsored links

I have the same laptop and yes you will be able to.
EDIT: Also is this an asus laptop?
(03-01-2012, 02:28 AM)Direct10 Wrote: I have the same laptop and yes you will be able to.
EDIT: Also is this an asus laptop?
This is a Toshiba Satellite P755.
Oh ok yeah you'll be able to run those two games fine.
Will I be able to run at a decent fps with the same processor but with the stupid Intel HD graphics card? Like KH2 and FFX also.
I doubt it, the Intel HD graphics card is one of the worst video cards out. you will probably have to use native or software mode in gsdx.
(03-01-2012, 02:48 AM)hyakki Wrote: I doubt it, the Intel HD graphics card is one of the worst video cards out. you will probably have to use native or software mode in gsdx.

Man, that sucks. I might as well buy a desktop for my basement: faster, cooler (literally), and more fun playing PS2!
(03-01-2012, 04:00 AM)mrjared123 Wrote: Man, that sucks. I might as well buy a desktop for my basement: faster, cooler (literally), and more fun playing PS2!
Thae GPU would defiantly be your bottle neck but the CPU performs Very well with Pcsx2 with Software mode rendering and Using some of the speed hacks such as MTVU and EE cycle hack, So its not ALL bad Tongue

Msi GF-62VR
Intel  core i7 7700hq @2.8(3.5ghz turbo) Nvidia 6gig GTX1060 16 gigs DDr5   windows 10
*base 64 images don't work here - ref*