Can psx2 play .bin files?
So I configured my psx2 to fit my pc and I have a .bin of Ico and I can't figure out if psx2 even reads .bin. I googled it but all of the information is several years old.
Also I used power iso to make a virtual drive and mount the bin then configure psx2 to read from the virtual drive but no. Any help would be welcome.

Sponsored links

I haven't use power iso in a long time, but I remember it being capable of converting .bin to .iso format...or was that magic iso...

In any case, you need more practice at googling, because I found the answer and it just so happens to be the very first link. http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-10112.html
Nappa: Vegeta! What does the scouter say about his power level?
Vegeta: It's...one thousand and six.
Nappa: Wh-...really?
Vegeta: Yeah! Beat him up Nappa!
Nappa: Yay!
So to clarify psx2 doesn't read .bin? And I need the iso? What about .bin to iso converters?
Try this maybe?
CPU : Intel i7-2600K
GPU : nVidia Geforce GTX 970
RAM : 16GB Corsair Vengance DDR3
PCSX2 : Constantly changing.
*.BIN format is usable on pcsx2 and no need to convert it to iso format.
one of the example is tekken tag tournament it was a bin file when i ripped it using EFP Iso CDVD 0.6.0
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(11-17-2009, 06:00 AM)tallbender Wrote: *.BIN format is usable on pcsx2 and no need to convert it to iso format.
one of the example is tekken tag tournament it was a bin file when i ripped it using EFP Iso CDVD 0.6.0

sorry i know this is a stupid question but how do get psx2 to use the .bin file or an .iso for that matter.
Uh, use the the Linuz ISO cdvd plugin as cdvd plugin then run pcsx2 with either "run > execute" or "file > run cd/dvd" and just select the file. If you're using the latest beta you only need to do "file > run Iso image".

I suggest you read the configuration guide so you dont have to ask every little thing Tongue
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64