Can someone explain why it's working like this
(10-27-2009, 03:19 PM)Bositman Wrote: So uh are you complaining it works so well? Tongue

No I like this but I'm just curious why it's working this way...I think I have other games that have the same "problem"

(10-27-2009, 03:33 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote:
Quote:the same speed and cpu usage?
Well, this have obvious reason: you videocard memory transfer is fast enough, that even x4 bigger textures does not overload this channel. It such case GS plugin spend time only for calculus job that does not depend form tetxure size. Game run on 1/2 speed, so it's just normal. To increase CPU usage of GS plugin you need overload memory transfer, send to many big textures, so you need fast (100fps) game with such settings.

So it's the video card
PS.Tales of the Abyss is the same.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Looking at your hardware, I would say you have an even bigger problem.
I'm surprised you even got anything to run on that pile of crap.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
(10-27-2009, 05:37 PM)DKTronics Wrote: Looking at your hardware, I would say you have an even bigger problem.

If you think I can't play games with good/full speed you're hardly mistaking.Most of the people with powerful pc's that never tried pcsx2 on pc like mine or similar always think that way.
(10-27-2009, 05:45 PM)vsub Wrote:
(10-27-2009, 05:37 PM)DKTronics Wrote: Looking at your hardware, I would say you have an even bigger problem.

If you think I can't play games with good/full speed you're hardly mistaking.Most of the people with powerful pc's that never tried pcsx2 on pc like mine or similar always think that way.

I have given away better hardware than you currently own, I have even passed on better hardware to my parents, and they're clueless on computers.
I recently gave away a P4 3.2ghz, 2Gb RAM, X1950GT 512Mb, all totally worthless, yet faster than your hardware and totally useless for emulation like Pcsx2, and even Dolphin.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
DKTronics what's the point of bashing his PC again? Maybe he can't afford a new one...He doesn't complain about the speeds he gets so it's all good really. Some people consider 20 or 30 fps to be playable and are content with it, doesn't mean others have a right to bash them so cut it out
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-27-2009, 05:49 PM)DKTronics Wrote: I have given away better hardware than you currently own, I have even passed on better hardware to my parents, and they're clueless on computers.
I recently gave away a P4 3.2ghz, 2Gb RAM, X1950GT 512Mb, all totally worthless, yet faster than your hardware and totally useless for emulation like Pcsx2, and even Dolphin.

I don't play on pscx2,I only do test on it or fix some save.I use my PS2 to play games but I CAN play PS2 games using pcsx2...guess for you play means 100% speed,perfect graphic and sound quality on every game.I don't care about graphics if I can use at least texture filtering.

(10-27-2009, 05:54 PM)Bositman Wrote: DKTronics what's the point of bashing his PC again? Maybe he can't afford a new one...He doesn't complain about the speeds he gets so it's all good really. Some people consider 20 or 30 fps to be playable and are content with it, doesn't mean others have a right to bash them so cut it out

It's not that I can't afford it,I just don't need a new one since I'm better with my PS2 and yes depending on the game I don't really care how slow it is(I cleared 5 worlds on KH1 using 0.9.2 at max speed 15fps)
(10-27-2009, 05:54 PM)Bositman Wrote: DKTronics what's the point of bashing his PC again? Maybe he can't afford a new one...He doesn't complain about the speeds he gets so it's all good really. Some people consider 20 or 30 fps to be playable and are content with it, doesn't mean others have a right to bash them so cut it out

I'm Mr Grumpy, today. Tongue
If responding to posts makes you aggravated, you should take a break and not do it. You only make for a very negative environment, which I believe the devs and mods are trying to avoid here.

Vsub: Simply put, since your CPU is bottlenecking things so much... your GPU actually has spare resources to output at higher res without effecting performance at all. As for it sitting at 50%... Are you in multithreaded mode (MTGS turned on)? I'm not sure how accurately it reports CPU usage on a hyperthreaded CPU like yours.

(must have accidently double posted it. Blah)
[Image: 2748844.png]
My CPU is HT and MTGS is enabled
I'm sorry, but a 6600GT hardly has "Spare Resources", and I doubt it could actually handle a higher res than native.