Can someone explain why it's working like this
(10-27-2009, 08:48 PM)DKTronics Wrote: I'm sorry, but a 6600GT hardly has "Spare Resources", and I doubt it could actually handle a higher res than native.

You're still not believing are you,want me to show you some screens on 1600x1200,2x scaling and Texture Filtering without speed hacks?

Sponsored links

DKTronics: If the game was running at 60fps, you may be correct... But did you even look at the pictures? They are running at 20-25fps. As you can see from the window, CPU usage is not max out, therefore his slowdowns in the game are NOT graphic card related. Since the graphics card is waiting on the CPU to render more frames, it DOES have free resources and thus CAN render the frames that are available at a higher resolution WITHOUT speed impact.
[Image: 2748844.png]
I think it's simply because his CPU is bottlenecking too much. At 25 FPS, there won't be too many textures loaded, even at a higher resolution, which the 6600GT somehow manages to accomodate for. If he had a faster CPU, I very much doubt he'll be able to run higher resolution unless he limits FPS to 25 or something Wacko
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Well for example on Atelier Iris 3 on one battle I have the same speed(45-50) with 1600x1200,2x scaling and Texture Filtering without speed hacks and with native and again without hacks
(10-27-2009, 09:22 PM)vsub Wrote:
(10-27-2009, 08:48 PM)DKTronics Wrote: I'm sorry, but a 6600GT hardly has "Spare Resources", and I doubt it could actually handle a higher res than native.

You're still not believing are you,want me to show you some screens on 1600x1200,2x scaling and Texture Filtering without speed hacks?

To prove what ?
Sure you CAN run it, but like I said, both your CPU and your GPU are poor, end of, period. Spare resources on a poor GPU are not going to get you any more than 30fps tops. And this whole thread is just pointless.
Intel E7500 @ 4.00ghz 400 fsb / Asus P5QL Pro / 4Gb Kingston RAM / PNY nvidia 9800GT 512Mb / Creative X-Fi Music 24 / Vista 64 SP2/
(10-27-2009, 09:50 PM)DKTronics Wrote: To prove what ?
Sure you CAN run it, but like I said, both your CPU and your GPU are poor, end of, period. Spare resources on a poor GPU are not going to get you any more than 30fps tops. And this whole thread is just pointless.

Rolleyes ...Sure I can get max 30fps.
This is only with INTC,when I disable it the speed goes to 50fps with and without all of the graphic enhancements.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The CPU% in GSdx's window only shows how much of the CPU's thread is being used for the GSdx process (GSdx uses both GPU and CPU power), underclock or overclock your CPU enough and you will notice a difference in the CPU% counter (well at least it would in a multi core processor not really sure on an HT processor, but I suppose 2 threads still as a dual core the 2nd thread is waititng on the first which would be the normal PCSX2 thread being a higher bottleneck Tongue) and of course use really big resolutions that will be a bottleneck for your system like 4096x4096 and it will be limited on CPU% as well because the CPU will be waiting on the GPU so it can process it's stuff. But anyway my point is if the PCSX2 thread is being the bottleneck it shouldnt really matter much to the cpu% of gsdx as it's an independant process.

Some games also dont do that bad in high resolutions on some scenes but do in others and other games do not respond well at all to high resolutions (megaman x8 for me is already bottlenecked at 1536x1536 for example and it isnt exactly very intensive game).

And btw when you use the 2x scale function it actually overwrites the internal resolution you set, so it doesnt matter if you set it to 4096x4096 as 2x scale will be much lower anyway, you have to check 1x to use the custom internal resolution, 4x scale is also much slower but not as slow as 4096x4096 as far as I checked.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64