Can someone explain why it's working like this
On FFX on one battles(just as example) I have 25fps with all the setting on default and no speed hacks(native resolution).In the game window it says that the CPU usage is 50-55%...and here is the strange thing,when I set the internal resolution to 1600x1200(this is my maximum resolution)and set the upscaling to 2x and enable texture filtering I get 100% the same speed and cpu usage?

Sponsored links

then is pretty obvious that the settings you made arent applied for some reason
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(10-27-2009, 01:29 PM)diegochiha Wrote: then is pretty obvious that the settings you made arent applied for some reason

Yes they are,I can see the differences in the graphic quality and they are pretty obvious.The small speed differences are because of the program I used to make the screenshots.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've also noticed this, and assumed it was expected behavior.

Strange enough, on my computer I get more fps using software mode than hardware with or without speedhacks. They're both 60+ fps stable outside of Ifrit's overdrive and the bridge of the ship where software mode comes out 5-10 fps faster in both framerate drops.

'Course I'm also using svn revisions (r2085) and couldn't be bothered to try others because of gamefix_skipdraw=1. <3 it to death.

PS - you can take screenshots with the "Print Screen" key. Just press it then go open mspaint and Edit>Paste (or Ctrl+V).
(10-27-2009, 02:32 PM)Kamikaze_Ice Wrote: PS - you can take screenshots with the "Print Screen" key. Just press it then go open mspaint and Edit>Paste (or Ctrl+V).

I know but it's much easier to just press a button and automatically save a screenshot than doing all those things with Paint(I use Irfan View when I had to do this with paint)
ok so i assume this is a bug for this specific game
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(10-27-2009, 02:58 PM)diegochiha Wrote: ok so i assume this is a bug for this specific game

Can more games have this "bug" on pcsx2 Biggrin
So uh are you complaining it works so well? Tongue
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I think he means he likes being able to jack up the resolution with no speed degradation.

I must admit I rather enjoy this as well, but only on the games where I get 60+ fps. Not so much for the slower ones.

Biggrin
Quote:the same speed and cpu usage?
Well, this have obvious reason: you videocard memory transfer is fast enough, that even x4 bigger textures does not overload this channel. It such case GS plugin spend time only for calculus job that does not depend form tetxure size. Game run on 1/2 speed, so it's just normal. To increase CPU usage of GS plugin you need overload memory transfer, send to many big textures, so you need fast (100fps) game with such settings.