Can someone help me with the FFX??
Well, i just dl pcsx2 1.0.0359 and gave it a try on one of my favourite ps2 game-FFX. What i get is the game cant run as smooth as i thought of..the fps can sometimes reach 60+ but will suddenly drop until 20-30+..i'm not quite familiar with this software but i have try with the different settings still i cant get any better results than this..

this is the spec of my pc:
-AMD Phenom x4 9650 2.3ghz
-ATI Radeon HD4830
-4GB Ram
-Vista ultimate x64

My question is:
Is it my pc not powerful enough to make the game speed run normally(constantly)?

or

perhaps changing the settings will do?if so please give me some guides for the configurations..really do appreciate itLaugh

Sponsored links

While your processor isn't BAD per say, it's just that since it's a quad-core it can't be fully taken advantage of.

Going with a fast 2 Core Intel is probably your best bet here - everything else you got is enough, it's really just your CPU that needs upgrading. I would suggest an Intel E0 E8400, which allows for overclocking to 4.0 Ghz relatively easily in a lot of cases. It's also just under 200$ at most places when I last checked.

However, give the graphics plugin GSdx a try, and see if you can't scratch up a bit more performance with your AMD. I got a 2.6 Dualcore running here and it can run at mostly full speed through GSDx.

Mess around with it, give the 0.9.5 version a try, get the latest GSDx 1.13 plugin and see what you can't do.

If nothing else, save up and see if you can't get that better processor.