Can't Play RE4
(09-09-2011, 11:46 PM)refraction Wrote: If he has the PS2 version, logic would dictate (at least i hope) he has a PS2 as well and so bought the game to play on that, why on earth would he then go out and buy it on pc due to it not working on an emulator?

Because the PS2 Version is the worst RE4 Version

Sponsored links

(09-09-2011, 11:48 PM)Memory Card Wrote: Because the PS2 Version is the worst RE4 Version

Its the same game, just graphicly inferior. I realise you might be from the new age of gamers, but once upon a time, gamers knew games were about gameplay and not how pretty they looked.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-09-2011, 11:49 PM)refraction Wrote: Its the same game, just graphicly inferior. I realise you might be from the new age of gamers, but once upon a time, gamers knew games were about gameplay and not how pretty they looked.

New age Gamer!!! I still own my Atari 7800
Then you should know games are about gameplay and not graphics Wink

If it were the other way around, the ps2 was a flop... lol
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-09-2011, 11:51 PM)refraction Wrote: Then you should know games are about gameplay and not graphics Wink

If it were the other way around, the ps2 was a flop... lol

Games are best Played on the system it produced for, that way you are guaranteed 100% accuracy, and thus, not effect your gameplay.

note
(RE2/3 are best Emulated, PC Versions of them Suck Arse, which is my expection)
Well refraction it's the same with women/men Tongue It's about the personality and not the looks Tongue
(09-09-2011, 11:48 PM)Memory Card Wrote: Because the PS2 Version is the worst RE4 Version

Version differences:

GameCube:
Original version with the fewest features, only features 'Assignment Ada' and 'Mercenary'.
Best graphics.
Real time cutscenes. Can be scaled on emulator for better resolution.
Support both 4:3 and 16:9. If the display is 4:3, the game is still 16:9 with 2 black bars.
No movie browser.
PAL version has 50/60 Hz selector. Hold the B button before the flash screen to activate. Once set
to 60 Hz, it will automatically ask next time without the need of holding the B button.

PlayStation 2:
Same as GC version, plus an additional scenario named 'Seperate Ways'. 1 extra gun (P.R.L. 412 laser
cannon), 1 extra costume.
Inferior graphics.
Pre-rendered cutscenes. They looks the same as GC real time cutscenes but there's a noticeable
flickering when the cutscenes change in respose to player action. Cannot be scaled on emulator.
Support both 4:3 and 16:9. If the display is 4:3, the game is still 16:9 with 2 black bars.
Movie browser.
PAL version has 50/60 Hz selector. Press Triangle + Cross each time the game starts to activate progressive scan mode.

PC:
Same as PlayStation 2 version, plus a second set of unlockable costumes for Leon and Ashley (Leon
mafia suit, Ashley knight armor), as well as an Easy difficulty level.
Inferior graphics. Fixed lightning and shadow effects in path 1.10, but is still inferior to GC version.
Can have the GC graphics via an unofficial texture patch.
Pre-rendered cutscenes like the PS2 version (640x480). Looks ugly on a high res monitor.
Support 4:3 and 16:10 (not 9) ratios. Whatever resolution is chosen, the game ratio is always 16:9
with 2 black bars on top and bottoms.
Movie browser.
No mouse support, requires a gamepad for more precise aiming and gameplay. The mouse can only be used
via an unofficial patch.

Wii:
Contains all PC version features.
Same graphics as the GC version.
Real time cutscenes like the GC version.
Movie browser.
Features new controls involving the Wii Remote and Nunchuk, along with the ability to use the GameCube
controller or Classic Controller instead. The Wii Remote is able to aim and shoot anywhere on the
screen with a reticle that replaces the laser sight found in the other versions. It can also be flicked
to use the knife. The Wii edition also includes the extra content from the PlayStation 2 and PC
versions, and a trailer for Resident Evil: The Umbrella Chronicles.
PAL version does not have 50/60 Hz selector nor the trailer. It does NOT support classic controller. The
game refuses to run and prompts the user the connect the Nunchuck to play. NTSC version does have the
trailer but does not have Easy mode.

Dunno about mobile phone, iPhone, iPad, and Zeebo version. I never care of these platforms.

Edit: Having all versions of a favorite game is my joy Tongue, although it hurts my 298 GiB HDD badly Sad. I do not want to store them on optical discs and wait for the discs to be broken.
Umm I'm playing the Ps2 version (I'm PAL if it matters) and I have the knight and mafia costume also?
<REDACTED>
I just beat the PS2 NTSC version last month and there's no mafia costume for Leon. I'll try the PAL version next time.
(09-10-2011, 04:04 AM)Livy Wrote: I just beat the PS2 NTSC version last month and there's no mafia costume for Leon. I'll try the PAL version next time.
You get it from beating Separate Ways.