Can't Run FFX (Error Screenshot Included)
Hi people! I'm kinda new here but oh well, just trying to get something to work =P

I managed to install PCSX 2 flawlessly, got BIOS, have a game (DVD and ISO) and I think I configured everything OK, but I get lot's of errors.

First of all my specs (it's a laptop)

C2D 2.4Ghz Penryn (SSSE 4.1 detected)
nVidia 8400GT 512 vRAM GDDR3
Hitachi 7200RPM HDD
Sigamtel HD Audio

Well that's the basics. So far, it seems that I will be able to play the game.

First things first:

When I start PCSX2 it "always" tells me that it needs to be configured. Is this normal or it shoould save some config.ini file or something? Because to have to config everything everytime... so you click OK, you get an error and you have to configure it again. So basically I just hit OK, skip the error and configure again.

Having tried with many BIOS (I own a few PS2 xDD) the error on the screenshot it's what I always get (plus not being able to save memory card bla bla bla wich I don't care. First I want to get the game running, then care about other errors).

What could it be causing this? Any help or hint will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Ok, so after many trial and error I finally got the game running... it had nothing to do with the emu or plugins but with windows 7 permissions. Kinda stupid I know but I should have realized when it wasn't able to create memory card files or save config files. Now the game runs and quite well I must addmit. I'm just tweaking things here and there so I can really play with good FPS (right now getting 45-50), thanks anyways!!
If you have a good after market cooler and are comfortable with overclocking, you should really consider overclocking your processor. 3.2 GHZ and higher with the SSE4.1 instruction set should start netting you some really nice speeds.
www.twitch.tv/krazytrumpeter05
Want to stream your games? Let me know and I can help you get set up with Open Broadcaster Software.
(03-26-2009, 06:40 PM)KrazyTrumpeter05 Wrote: If you have a good after market cooler and are comfortable with overclocking, you should really consider overclocking your processor. 3.2 GHZ and higher with the SSE4.1 instruction set should start netting you some really nice speeds.
He has a laptop so overclocking would be near impossible...not to mention it would probably heat up to the point of frying his PC.
C2D E8400 3.6GHz
ATI HD4870 512MB
4GB PC2-6400 RAM
Windows Vista 32-bit
Actually I started another thread about OC (because this thread was about a problem and now it's solved so you can close it I suppose), but I can OC my laptop to 2.6 or 2.8 without much hit on temps (not altering the voltage) so if you tell me it's the CPU that will get me more FPS then I'll OC it more. Thanks!