Can't Save GSDX settings
Compiled the 4453 build here and made extensive tests...

Nothing preventing the GSDX saving like all other plugins which were saved normally, definitely is something in your end which is causing the issue, either access rights problem or flawed compilation.

There was some changes in the primary configuration, it got directly to the plugins and did not allow to chose the ini and log place (defaulted to Documents), what is fine for me since is where I keep those indeed. Notice I renamed the original folder to force the emulator to create it from scratch.

Imagination is where we are truly real

Sponsored links

Then, can i try to run it with your build? Or, at least, can you name me the ini's you find in the ini's folder, so i can manualy create files for them? Thank you, obviously something is wrong here.

PS: Could t be because of me using a Ç in my users directory? Probably not, but i've seen programs before that didn't like "weird" letters lol.

EDIT: Ok, its defenitly something wrong in the way PCSX2 faces the Ç letter. I tested in 4 other computer, all installed by me, 2 of them have the Ç in the documents directory and the other 2 don't. Those with the Ç in the folder path CAN'T save some plugins settings (GSDX, ZZogl, and one of the sound plugins), and those without it CAN. So defenitly is something not working in the save configurations of PCSX2. I hope this can help in some way to fix this issue. If needed, i can create a report in PCSX2 google code.

EDIT2: yes, its confirmed: PCSX2 is having trouble with the letter Ç. I created another user account, just to be sure, in my computer, and PCSX2 can now save all settings, not just some of them. So, shell i report it in google code, or can this be fixed easily and quickly?
Not much to say here Ninja
Thanks for reporting, we're on it.
Actually was you who helped in the end, finding an issue source Smile glad the problem could be worked around until a real solution comes. That's the kind of issue that can pass unperceived for long time before striking hard, and it's difficult to trace down, good work finding the cause.

PS: Although using the original Language (if I can read it, of course) in almost all softwares, I'm Brazilian myself and so I share your native idiom and could have a user id with non ASCII character(s), so the issue would strike me too. On the other hand, even if using Portuguese translation (and since my user id fall into the ASCII set) I would not notice this issue ever.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(03-24-2011, 11:44 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Actually was you who helped in the end, finding an issue source Smile glad the problem could be worked around until a real solution comes. That's the kind of issue that can pass unperceived for long time before striking hard, and it's difficult to trace down, good work finding the cause.

PS: Although using the original Language (if I can read it, of course) in almost all softwares, I'm Brazilian myself and so I share your native idiom and could have a user id with non ASCII character(s), so the issue would strike me too. On the other hand, even if using Portuguese translation (and since my user id fall into the ASCII set) I would not notice this issue ever.

Hehe, no problem, at least it's being take care of. Sometimes is just a tiny little thing that no one notices, this was one of those cases. I will test the "portable" version to see if i can use PCSX2 now. Anyway, thank you for your help and time, and thanks to Rama (and all other devs) for being so fast making an workaround. Ill post here the results later.

EDIT: Yes i can use it now. Thanks for fixing it so quickly!
Not much to say here Ninja