Can't boot ISO - wrong CDVD drivers?
I try to launch an ISO, and I get the following error:
CDVD plugin failed to open. Your computer may have insufficient resources, or incompatible hardware/drivers.

I've been reading the guide ( http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Official-...ide-v0-9-7 ), but dunno what to do about this issue...

Also, GSdx SSE41 plugin keeps reverting back to its default settings. It won't stay on DX10 Hardware.
Core i5 2.97Ghz | Palit GTX 260 | 4GB DDR3 | W7 64-bit SP1
"The pirate life's a hard one, but the pirate life is the life for me!"

Sponsored links

Are you mounting the iso with any program like deamon for example? If so, unmount and try again. And settings reverting is usually the case of the program being installed in program files, or similarly protected folder. Install it in C:\PCSX2 or another folder of your choice and try again.
Specs:
CPU: C2D E8400 @ 3.6
GPU: GTX 560Ti 2Gb
MOB: Asus P5QL
RAM: Crucial 4Gb
You don't have write permissions at the folder which you set pcsx2 to use.

Assuming you use PCSX2 v0.97.3878, set it up such that it uses my documents, or install it to a folder which is NOT inside "program files" (e.g. c:\pcsx2) or run pcsx2.exe as an administrator.
Pcsx2 is installed on my desktop.

Tried ISO mounted and unmounted.

I'll try reinstalling Pcsx2 again after I take my car to the mechanic here in a few minutes. Heh.

P.S. My account has Admin priv. Only other account is the Admin.
Quote:Pcsx2 is installed on my desktop.

Ok, where on your desktop?

Quote:P.S. My account has Admin priv. Only other account is the Admin.

It doesnt matter if it has admin privileges(well, you still need it) but you have to manually press "run as administrator".

Specs:
(04-02-2011, 09:03 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: Ok, where on your desktop?

It doesnt matter if it has admin privileges(well, you still need it) but you have to manually press "run as administrator".

In a folder called Pcsx2 9.7 Pre-Alpha
Did you really install it to say "C:\Users\*Name*\Desktop" or is it just a shortcut to your actual install folder.
Specs:
(04-02-2011, 10:25 PM)GamerGeek Wrote: Did you really install it to say "C:\Users\*Name*\Desktop" or is it just a shortcut to your actual install folder.

It is the actual download folder. During installation, I clicked 'Browse' and selected the desktop and typed the name for the new folder.
First id suggest downloading an official version of the emulator, we have no such thing as pre-alpha.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Im not sure on this but that folder may also be protected. Simply try "Run as administrator", if gsdx will save you should move it to another folder. Aslo for your other problem which plugin are you using or are you using the internal iso loader?
Specs: