Can't create a memory card
Whenever i try to create a memory card it says "the operating system prevents this file from being created. Does anyone know how to fix this?

Sponsored links

Check your folder permissions.
CPU: I7-4770 3.9GHZ
Motherboard: Asrock B85M - DGS
RAM: Hyper X Savage 2x8GB 1.6GHZ CL9
GPU: GTX1070 8GB GDDR5
(10-01-2017, 09:42 PM)lightningterror Wrote: Check your folder permissions.

How do i do that?
take your pcsx2 folder out from "windows","program files" or "users" folder.
move to other parameters e.g. C:/pcsx2
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(10-02-2017, 12:55 AM)smartstrike Wrote: take your pcsx2 folder out from "windows","program files" or "users" folder.
move to other parameters e.g. C:/pcsx2

I have no idea what that means or how to do it. Also, I figured out how to check permissions and it didn't work.
(10-02-2017, 01:24 AM)Guypersonman Wrote: I have no idea what that means or how to do it.
Windows asserts dominance, for a lack of better words, over areas such as like the program files.( To be protective from malware)
Installing pcsx2 in an area like C:\PCSX2 could result in Windows not interfering.

(10-02-2017, 01:24 AM)Guypersonman Wrote: Also, I figured out how to check permissions and it didn't work.
If you are not an admin, and you can't change your permissions, and you can't get the admin to change your permissions, then you might be out of luck.

But try installing PCSX2 in C:\PCSX2 like this pic shows:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gn8m0tkwzmmy9d...l.jpg?dl=0
is your HDD is a dual-partitions if so you might put it on D:\pcsx2 w/o restricting the drive where windows was installed

EDIT:another suspicious one is you are ran out if hard disk space.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(10-02-2017, 01:50 AM)Throwaway Wrote: Windows asserts dominance, for a lack of better words, over areas such as like the program files.( To be protective from malware)
Installing pcsx2 in an area like C:\PCSX2 could result in Windows not interfering.

If you are not an admin, and you can't change your permissions, and you can't get the admin to change your permissions, then you might be out of luck.

But try installing PCSX2 in C:\PCSX2 like this pic shows:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gn8m0tkwzmmy9d...l.jpg?dl=0

I am the admin on my computer and I tried installing it like in the picture but that didn't work either.

(10-02-2017, 02:32 AM)smartstrike Wrote: is your HDD is a dual-partitions if so you might put it on D:\pcsx2 w/o restricting the drive where windows was installed

EDIT:another suspicious one is you are ran out if hard disk space.

I have over 200 GB left and the install button gets greyed out when I try D:\pcsx2.
something's wrong on your pc more than on pcsx2, then.
anyways, you could try using the binary version of pcsx2. you just need to unzip it to install. that should do the trick
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-02-2017, 06:44 AM)jesalvein Wrote: anyways, you could try using the binary version of pcsx2. you just need to unzip it to install. that should do the trick

thanks man, i made a memory card, but now i cant use the emulator without the bios. how can i get them?