Can't create new memory cards
Whenever I try to update the emulator, it always fails for whatever reason, so I always just delete the emulator and reinstall, no big deal. I accidentally forgot to back up my memory cards this time, which is also not a big deal because I'm a new user and only had one game saved on them. But when I try to create new memory cards. I get an error that says, "Failed to create memory card. The error was:
errno 2: No such file or directory"

I've tried deleting the emulator and reinstalling a few times with no such luck. Any help would be appreciated.    

Sponsored links

where did you install it ? (what exact filepath)
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-21-2024, 03:28 PM)jesalvein Wrote: where did you install it ? (what exact filepath)

I just installed it to my desktop.
(05-21-2024, 03:31 PM)Troyota Wrote: I just installed it to my desktop.

probably a onedrive issue, then.
try moving your pcsx2 folder in a non-synced folder, and create a blank portable.txt file next to your pcsx2 exe
(05-21-2024, 04:18 PM)jesalvein Wrote: probably a onedrive issue, then.
try moving your pcsx2 folder in a non-synced folder, and create a blank portable.txt file next to your pcsx2 exe

I moved it to my downloads folder and added the portable.txt file. It doesn't seem to have changed anything.
ok. can you show your memcards config tab, please ?
(05-21-2024, 04:30 PM)jesalvein Wrote: ok. can you show your memcards config tab, please ?

Something I forgot to mention, when I deleted the emulator and reinstalled it, it remembered all of my configurations, setting, bios, and games. It's never done that before, but upon relaunching the emulator to show you my memory card configs, it took me through the normal starting setup as usual. Once I set it back up, I was able to create new memory cards just fine. So I guess moving the folder did work. Thanks a bunch for the help  Biggrin
it's more creating the portable.txt that worked
all your settings, etc... were in documents/pcsx2.

adding a portable.txt file created everything in the same folder