Can't find a setting in the nightly version
Hey guys, I started using the nightly version for the sake of having achievements. I wanted to play Manhunt and there is a fix that is need to be done in order for the game to work correctly, which is enabling alpha in the hardware hacks, but the problem is that this thing doesn't exist on the nightly version. Does it have another name in the settings? Do I need to get back to 1.6 to fix the game?

Thanks

Sponsored links

isn't it automatically corrected ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-30-2022, 09:25 AM)jesalvein Wrote: isn't it automatically corrected ?
Not really, I launch it first time with it set to automatic hardware game fixes and the problem was not fixed.
In case you don't know what I am talking about, the lights in the game have a huge bloom, and you could see them even from behind the walls.
This isn't a big problem since I can easily switch back to my 1.6 and fix it there, but it would be great if I can fix it here.
I know of the lights problem and have a pull request that fixes it (at least mostly), but the alpha hack isn't coming back.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Wondering why some of the options gone missing from the game settings like the clamping modes I can't set them per game. Can anyone restore them back in the next update as it can't keep going missing every updates

As for ManHunt bloom issue try and disable dual source blending in game properties as might have other side effects as I just tested it just now. Seems like bloom effect is gone with the option clicked. Might need long testing to see if any other side effects appear later on when I get a chance to play more
(12-30-2022, 12:59 PM)Edwired Wrote: Wondering why some of the options gone missing from the game settings like the clamping modes I can't set them per game. Can anyone restore them back in the next update as it can't keep going missing every updates

In the emulator, click on „Tools” and tick „Show Advanced Settings”. Then you will see the „Advanced” tab in the per-game settings with these options. Smile
They are still there, but hidden unless you enable advanced settings in tools menu.
Most of the fixes are handled by gamedb, and most of the users have no idea of what they're doing when fiddling with those options. Which most of the time leads to a bugfest.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(12-30-2022, 01:09 PM)jesalvein Wrote: They are still there, but hidden unless you enable advanced settings in tools menu.
Most of the fixes are handled by gamedb, and most of the users have no idea of what they're doing when fiddling with those options. Which most of the time leads to a bugfest.
Ah thanks I see the settings now Though I was imagining things going missing. At least insanity is restored Smile