Can't get 16:9 to work (shadow of colossus)
This may be a stupid question, but I've looked around everywhere I could, and I can't find an answer.

I want to play shadow of the colossus, which has an option to set it to 16:9 in the in-game menu.
However, when I select that option, nothing changes. The screen stays identical. It doesn't matter if the 'aspect ratio' in GS Window is set to 16:9 or 4:3.
No matter what I do, the screen is stretched at 16:9, and normal at 4:3 (I change it with F6)

Anyone know what's up, or how to fix it?

As I said, the aspect ratio in GS Window don't really matter. Other than that, all my settings are pretty much default. I'm using the GSDx plugin with direct3d11 set.

The attachment is a comparison.
left is with 16:9 enabled in the in-game menu and using F6 to set to 16:9
right is 4:3 in the in-game menu and using F6 to set to 4:3

EDIT:
I am incredibly stupid. The option works, just not in the main menu. Sorry for wasting everyone's time

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Maybe you need to change the aspect ratio from the BIOS menu too.
(10-22-2012, 12:24 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Maybe you need to change the aspect ratio from the BIOS menu too.

That is only for the PS2 browser/configuration screens.
AMD Phenom II X4 975 BE OC 4.0 GHz, Corsair Hydro H70
AMD Radeon HD 6990 OC, Accelero Twin Turbo
ASUS Crosshair V Formula 990FX
OCZ Revodrive 3 X2 240 Gb
16 Gb G.Skill 1833 MHz

23 PS2's
(10-22-2012, 12:40 AM)ps2freak Wrote: That is only for the PS2 browser/configuration screens.

Nope, many games automatically switch to 16:9 only if you've set it in your bios configuration.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(10-22-2012, 12:24 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Maybe you need to change the aspect ratio from the BIOS menu too.

I tried it, but it doesn't seem like anything changed...
strangely enough it seems like everyone on youtube is playing it on stretch...
You need to do a full boot after that, not fast boot, it needs to check/apply that setting.
(10-22-2012, 09:39 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: You need to do a full boot after that, not fast boot, it needs to check/apply that setting.

that doesn't work either... I also tried it with yakuza 2, which also has a 16:9 option, but there nothing happens either.. The other options (audio: mono/stereo, subtitles: on/off), all work, but the 4:3/16:9 option does nothing...
Do any of the widescreen patches/hacks work to you? I feel that you're doing something wrong in the settings...
(10-22-2012, 11:32 AM)VIRGIN KLM Wrote: Do any of the widescreen patches/hacks work to you? I feel that you're doing something wrong in the settings...

well, I tried a widescreen hack for timesplitters 2, it worked great:

picture in attachment (left is me, right is youtube video)

However, to show what I mean with the SotC problem, it looks like this:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=pl...3K0#t=226s

at 3:46, the guy goes into the menu, switches between 16:9 and 4:3, but nothing changes. That's the same as what's happening for me. As I said, the other options work, it's just that one...

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Are you sure you don't have 16:9 enabled through the emulator itself? If you do then no wonder nothing is happening.
I5 3570k 3.4ghz| 4GB R9 290| 8GB DDR3