Can't get cheats to work
I'm trying to get the Story Mode for all characters cheat for Samurai Warriors 2 XL to work but for the life of me I can't. I converted to pnatch, got cheats enabled, tried both cheat folders, triple checked the file name, used pnatches and codes from other people that claim it works, tried other codes that also don't work, tried a code for Dynasty Warriors 5 and that didn't work either. They have to be correct because in the log it says it's loading the cheat file and I see it loading it from the cheats_ws folder so I got no clue why they don't work.

Sponsored links

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Fixed by using latest version.
(03-09-2020, 03:18 PM)smasha Wrote: Fixed by using latest version.
I'm using the 1.5 dev build, is that not the latest?
Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
(03-09-2020, 10:31 AM)jesalvein Wrote: Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Code:
Not found Cheats file: C:\Users\jacob\Documents\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-3112-gb270c1bb6-windows-x86\cheats\3C93E16A.pnach
Overall 0 Cheats loaded
Overall 0 Widescreen hacks loaded
Loading patch '3C93E16A.pnach' from archive 'C:\Users\jacob\Documents\pcsx2-v1.5.0-dev-3112-gb270c1bb6-windows-x86\cheats_ws.zip'
comment: Widescreen patch
(Wide Screen Cheats DB) Patches Loaded: 6
GSdx Lookup CRC:3C93E16A
GSdx Lookup CRC:3C93E16A
Get Reboot Request From EE
So judging by this, it means that the file is getting loaded but something is wrong with the codes? I just paste them in there as is, I enclosed it so anyone can tell if they're messed up.
Well the log says(first line)that the file is not there.
Are you sure you are using this name exactly 3C93E16A.pnach(not 3C93E16A.pnach.txt)
Right click=>properties on the file to make sure the extension is pnach,not txt
(03-09-2020, 07:20 PM)vsub Wrote: Well the log says(first line)that the file is not there.
Are you sure you are using this name exactly 3C93E16A.pnach(not 3C93E16A.pnach.txt)
Right click=>properties on the file to make sure the extension is pnach,not txt
Yep it's 100% a pnatch and it's in the cheats folder in the same path as where it's trying to pull it. I've also recopied the name of it like 3 times to make absolute sure theres no typos.
can you please post your .pnach file here ? as an attachment ?
I tried earlier but it wouldn't let me. Edit: Ok and it still doesn't, unless I just can't see it.