Can't get this thing to work
I'm trying to play a game which is an mdf file. How do I open that? In the newest release there is only an option for an ELF file and directly from cd rom. What to do?

Sponsored links

Directly from CDRom is misleading. It refers to the emulator's "perspective" in which it's booting a PS2 CD. If the CDVD plugin is actually reading an ISO/MDF, the emulator doesn't know the difference. Translation: Use Linuzappz's ISO plugin as your CDVD plugin. With it you can select iso's, bins, mdfs, etc.
Jake Stine (Air) - Programmer - PCSX2 Dev Team
awesome, thanks a lot!

EDIT: I did as you said but whenever I choose my mdf file PCSX2 crashes and windows tells me something is wrong with DEP (data execution prevention). When I go to turn it off for PCSX2 it says that I canot disable it and PCSX2 must run with it enabled.
right click on pcsx2.exe->run as administrator
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
I'm having a similar problem.
I was told that some of the problems in my games were fixed in Beta.r1888. The thing is that this version of the emulator wont read any of my MDF files. I can't even get it to read the disk itself. When i tell it to read cd/dvd it crashes, when i tell it to read an iso and direct it to a MDF file it says "Error Opening CDVD Plugin". It will do just fine with a regular ISO file. I looked for "Linuzappz's ISO plugin" as Air said, but all I got then was "Oh noes! Something went wrong here..." and some music. A broken link?
So could someone Link me to the plugin that will let the beta.r1888 read MDF files? Also would i just drop the plugin in to the "plugins" folder? Or must i do something special?
(02-23-2010, 10:08 PM)Onion Wrote: I'm having a similar problem.
I was told that some of the problems in my games were fixed in Beta.r1888. The thing is that this version of the emulator wont read any of my MDF files. I can't even get it to read the disk itself. When i tell it to read cd/dvd it crashes, when i tell it to read an iso and direct it to a MDF file it says "Error Opening CDVD Plugin". It will do just fine with a regular ISO file. I looked for "Linuzappz's ISO plugin" as Air said, but all I got then was "Oh noes! Something went wrong here..." and some music. A broken link?
So could someone Link me to the plugin that will let the beta.r1888 read MDF files? Also would i just drop the plugin in to the "plugins" folder? Or must i do something special?

Get the 0.9.6 binary pack, go into plugins and copy the linuziso.dll from there to your beta plugins folder. That will do it
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I got the binary pack and checked the plugins folder. There are a bunch of .dll there but no linuziso.dll in it.
My bad, it's called CDVDiso.dll
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Got it, but it still tells me "Error Opining CDVD Plugin" when I tell it to run an ISO image or run CD/DVD from a virtual drive.
Unmount the ISO from the virtual drive and run it only with Linuz ISO cdvd plugin.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64