Can't install PCSX2, c++ redistributable install stuck on "processing windows 81 x64"
Hey guys!

I've recently taken interest in older PS2 games and found some that I've wanted to try for myself. The problem is, I'm unable to successfully complete the installation for PCSX2, as when it starts installing the C++ redistributable 2015, the latter gets stuck at the end, where it says "processing windows 81 x64".

I've been looking for ways to solve this problem for two days now, and have tried every single resource I could get my hands on, from StackOverflow to the official Microsoft forums, but nothing seems to work. I've even tried to factory reset my pc, but even that didn't cut it. To my understanding, it has something to do with some update (when I kill the windows update standalone installer while the install is stuck, it gets completed, but I still get the message that some DLLs are missing when I try to open PCSX2).

If anyone could help me out, I would greatly appreciate it.

Sponsored links

try the AIO VC++ redist there : http://1drv.ms/1oVTfju
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(05-23-2019, 05:35 PM)jesalvein Wrote: try the AIO VC++ redist there : http://1drv.ms/1oVTfju

I did, and the installation went smoothly without a hitch (mainly because it didn't start that c++ redistributable install) but it still gives the missing DLL error when I launch PCSX2

just to be sure, the file I'm supposed to download is the "Visual C++ Redist Installer V56", right?
Is windows up to date?
(05-23-2019, 06:00 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Is windows up to date?

I've been running the update search for a while and nothing has popped up yet, so I guess I am? No notifications to tell to update either.
https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-F...ws-7-8-Fix
(05-23-2019, 06:08 PM)jesalvein Wrote: https://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Sticky-F...ws-7-8-Fix

I downloaded that KB2999226 update but when I execute it, it just says searching for windows update on this computer without really doing anything. Should I just leave it for some more time?

Yes, just leave it there for a while. It's painstakingly slow, but does the job done. I'm not aware of installing updates other than the Windows Update client itself.
PC Specs:
PC: HP Omen 15 dc-0051nr laptop
CPU: Intel i7-8750H (2.2 GHz up to 4.1 GHz)
RAM: 16 GB
GPU: Nvidia GeForce GTX 1060 Notebook (6 GB)
Storage: 256 SSD PCi NV M.2+1 TB HDD
Need the latest GIT/development build? Click here!
Things to check:

Programs and Features: If the VC++ redist is there, then it installed properly.

The Windows Update situation people are mentioning: If you're ever manually installing Windows Update patches with wusa, I strongly recommend you stop and start the Windows Update service before doing so. This kicks Windows Update in the pants and makes it care more about your patch than whatever it was doing before. Here's a series of commands you can plug into Command Prompt, though you do have to run Command Prompt as administrator to use them.

Code:
sc stop wuauserv
sc start wuauserv
wusa.exe <flags> <msu file>

DirectX: Another consideration for this case would be the DirectX runtimes. I don't have the direct link handy, but I know some people know where it is and might be able to piggy back off of me and provide a link. But you need the DirectX 9 runtime as well.
(05-23-2019, 05:56 PM)ENasim Wrote: I did, and the installation went smoothly without a hitch (mainly because it didn't start that c++ redistributable install) but it still gives the missing DLL error when I launch PCSX2

just to be sure, the file I'm supposed to download is the "Visual C++ Redist Installer V56", right?

delete all ini in the pcsx2 folder
re-run pcsx2 and it asked you the 1st time configuration
select language as "system default"
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel