Can't launch games directly on Steam Deck
I was able to install PCSX2 on my Steam Deck successfully. I'm able to run games from within the gui both in desktop and gaming modes.  I have also successfully installed the games via the Steam Rom Manager into my Steam library.  However, when I tried to launch a game directly from the library (ie not via the gui), it wouldn't run (just returns back to the library).  The following is the command, the game is trying to run:

"/usr/bin/flatpak" run net.pcsx2.PCSX2 "/home/deck/downloads/roms/SSX 3.iso" --nogui --fullscreen

The above rom runs fine when booting from the PCSX2 gui, so it's not a bios issue.  Thanks in advance.

Sponsored links

Quote:The above rom runs fine when booting from the PCSX2 gui, so it's not a bios issue.
i'm trying to understand the logic behind this.

anyways, we don't support flatpak
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(10-06-2022, 07:01 PM)jesalvein Wrote: i'm trying to understand the logic behind this.

anyways, we don't support flatpak

What I meant was since I was able to run my roms from within the PCSX2 gui, that would rule out any missing/bad bios issues.

Anyways, I got it sorted out with the help of OhNoItsAlexx's PCSX2 Full Setup Guide youtube video

I downloaded/installed the AppImage version instead, from the PCSX2 official website.  That version works with no problem.  The version that was giving me problem was the flatpak version from the Discover store.  Hope this helps someone who might've experienced the same problem as I had.