Can't load FFX
I'm getting an error:

[Image: pcsx2error.jpg]

Before you ask, yes, I did config everything correctly prior to running the .iso, followed the guide to the dot. Tried all the different cdvd plugins as well. Actually, none of them would run the .iso for some reason so I am currently using Virtual Clone Drive and then selecting the drive with Pete's; that's when this error started popping up. I looked on google and saw that a lot of people are getting this error and being told to ignore it; however, as you can see in the image, the program is automatically stopped right after. I tried going through Data Prevention settings and enabling pcsx but it won't allow it. Any idea what I can do??? I'm fairly new to emulators btw, only used vba before this.

Sponsored links

Show us your settings and your plugins used. The ISO should be ran by using the Linuz ISO plugin and NOT having it mounted in any other external application, else it will crash.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Actually, I got it to work...had to change SSE2 even though I have quadcore o.o dunno why it won't work with SSE3. Anyway, its running fine with the virtual drive, though it does get slow during battles...don't know why, but it says "Error loading <path name>" "Error opening CDVD Plugin"?
Your CPU does not have SSSE3 (it has SSE3 but NOT SSSE3, yes stupid naming) or SSE4 so SSE2 is correct.
If the ISO is not mounted or used by any other program it will work fine with Linuz ISO but you obviously haven't unmounted or you're accessing it with some other program.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
I would like to add that it seems like it's Pete's that crashes the virtual, like you said; I'm running the mounted image off of Gigaherz's (only one left is null, and that's not very helpful to me right now =P)
(01-30-2010, 02:46 PM)Rannison Wrote: Actually, I got it to work...had to change SSE2 even though I have quadcore o.o dunno why it won't work with SSE3. Anyway, its running fine with the virtual drive, though it does get slow during battles...don't know why, but it says "Error loading <path name>" "Error opening CDVD Plugin"?

Just try LinuzIso and dont mount it with any other program because it wont work Smile
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
Yay, got it to work on Linuz! Duh, I'm so stupid, it worked when mounted but not as an .iso because of what you said, it was still being accessed. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be running any faster, even though my system should be above-average...but we'll see, I'll tweak the settings around, maybe it just isn't meant to be running that fast =P hopefully quadcore support will come soon, that should speed it up right?

Thanks a lot!
(01-30-2010, 02:58 PM)Rannison Wrote: Yay, got it to work on Linuz! Duh, I'm so stupid, it worked when mounted but not as an .iso because of what you said, it was still being accessed. Unfortunately, it doesn't seem to be running any faster, even though my system should be above-average...but we'll see, I'll tweak the settings around, maybe it just isn't meant to be running that fast =P hopefully quadcore support will come soon, that should speed it up right?

Thanks a lot!

What are your specs and what version of PCSX are you using ? Maybe we can help a little further ! Wink
Playing with PCSX2:
nothing now.

Specs:
C2D @ 2.8 Ghz
HD4670 1GB
4GB RAM
HP Media Center PC
AMD Phenom 9550 Quadcore Processor (64 bit) running Vista Ultimate
2.202 GHz
5 Gigs RAM, 750 Gigs HDD
nVidia GeForce...either 8200 or 9300 GE, forgot which, maybe both??
SSE, SSE2, SSE3 (different from SSSE3 apparently =.='), MMX2, 3DNOW, 3DNOW2
I can't tell you much beyond that without you guys helping me out =[.

And as for the PCSX2 version...I believe it is 0.9.6. Followed the guide for most of the config.
That's a bit slow of a machine so you can't expect miracles, that said show us your current settings so we can help better.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64