Can't load state save from previous installation
I had PCSX2 installed on my old computer. I had some save states there (not sure how many). On new computer I copied folder sstates to my new PCSX2 installation. When I run a game (Persona 4) it looks like I have no saved states in emulator:

[Image: qRlaWw4.png]

My save state file has nameĀ SLUS-21423 (7EA439F5).00.p2s and the content looks like this:

[Image: OveMtDd.png]

Is there anything that I can do to make it work?

Sponsored links

load your game using previous version those savestates were made with,
save in game using normal save
transfer your memcard files/folders to your new version and load game from memcard

short story : savestates aren't cross-version compatible
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(01-26-2019, 10:26 PM)jesalvein Wrote: load your game using previous version those savestates were made with,
save in game using normal save
transfer your memcard files/folders to your new version and load game from memcard

short story : savestates aren't cross-version compatible

How can I tell which version I was using? I'm pretty sure it was 1.4.0 (same as on new computer).

EDIT:

It had to be 1.4.0 because this is content from my old PCSX2 folder (from Documents):

[Image: DJSfV9m.png]
Is that just your backup folder(PCSX2 - Copy)and you did copy the save states folder to the Documents\PCSX2\sstates?

To know what version you used to make the save state,extract the "PCSX2 Savestate Version.id" file from the save state and open it in some hex editor
You will see some numbers in backward order

When you run rpcsx2,at the top of the console you will see "Savestate version:"
So for example rpcsx2 1.5.0-2867 is using save state version 0x9a0d0000 and in the file it is displayed as 00000d9a

Is the numbers match with the current pcsx2 version you are using,then you used that version of pcsx2 to make them
The only reason for them to be missing is wrong location of the folder...or if you used different region of the game or if it was modified in some way(which changes the crc and as you can see the save state name contains the game id and the crc)
Quote:Is that just your backup folder(PCSX2 - Copy)and you did copy the save states folder to the Documents\PCSX2\sstates?

Sorry for misleading screenshot - yes I put save states into correct Documents\PCSX2\sstates folder.

Quote:To know what version you used to make the save state,extract the "PCSX2 Savestate Version.id" file from the save state and open it in some hex editor
You will see some numbers in backward order

When you run rpcsx2,at the top of the console you will see "Savestate version:"
So for example rpcsx2 1.5.0-2867 is using save state version 0x9a0d0000 and in the file it is displayed as 00000d9a

Is the numbers match with the current pcsx2 version you are using,then you used that version of pcsx2 to make them
The only reason for them to be missing is wrong location of the folder...or if you used different region of the game or if it was modified in some way(which changes the crc and as you can see the save state name contains the game id and the crc)

Hex numbers from savestate version are: 00 00 0b 9a. Savestate version from PCSX2 is: 0x9a0b0000. Which is correct. I'm pretty sure I'm using the same ISO so it would have to be same region. I guess there's not much I can do...
If you aren't sure of your iso, try loading directly from your disc
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Run the game and check in the console if you have this line
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_214.23;1) Game CRC = 0x7EA439F5
(01-27-2019, 05:46 PM)vsub Wrote: Run the game and check in the console if you have this line
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_214.23;1) Game CRC = 0x7EA439F5

I have this line:

Code:
ELF (cdrom0:\SLUS_217.82;1) Game CRC = 0xDEDC3B71, EntryPoint = 0x00100008

EDIT: I'm starting to think this is not Persona 4 save state but GTA Liberty City Stories state...
Yes,it is a save state for GTA not for P4
I don't know why I have no save state of Persona 4 but thank you both for trying to help me.