Can't not cheat Valkyrie Profile 2 by Artmoney 7.2.7Pro
(10-28-2011, 04:56 PM)recoder Wrote: Congratulation on hi-jacking an year old thread Tongue2
Awwww come on now, no need to be like that Tongue2
It's on topic and it's something specific I need that hasn't been done yet. No harm in that rather tham making even more threads right?
Alienware m18x (space black anodized aluminum):
Intel® Core™ i7 2920XM @ 4.0GHz
x2/Dual 2GB GDDR5 AMD Radeon™ HD 6990M - AMD CrossFireX
Corsair Force GT 240GB SSD
Kingston HyperX 16GB memory @ 1600mhz
Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit

Sponsored links

This is what I did(I can't guarantee you that the game won't crash/freeze at chapter 5 but I played around 10 in Hall of Valhalla(this is where the game always freezed when I tried with other blue crystals codes))

1.This code is for the NTSC(USA)version of the game
2.It requires you to have enough blue crystals to restore the cheapest seal stone(or enough crystals to restore seal stone that you haven't restored yet)
3.Now for the tricky part...create a new empty 8mb card
4.Download mymc and open the card with your save.Select it and export it.
5.Open the new card that you created and import the save that you exported
6.Select the new card that have only the VP2 save and eject the second card
7.Place the pnach file into your cheats folder,enable the cheats from System=>Enable Cheats and start the game
8.Find and restore any crystal and save to the memory card(overwrite the save)
9.Close pcsx2 and open mymc and the card on which you just saved now.
10.Export the save and import it into your old card and select the old card from pcsx2(you can't import a save into the memory card with mymc if the save already exist,so just select it and use File=>Delete and the import the save with 99999 crystals)

I played couple of battles in Hall of Valhalla and the game didn't freeze but I can't be sure because I played them on a save that I already cleared the Seraphic Gate

PS.ArtMoney won't help you here because the first line of the code is enabler...it enable the 99999 code ONLY when you restore crystals...exactly at the moment when the game is supposed to lower your crystals amount because you restore the crystal(while doing something else,this address may be assigned to something else that don't like the value that is set for 99999 crystals which can lead to crash/freeze or corrupting your save)

Attached Files
.pnach   CC96CE93.pnach (Size: 130 bytes / Downloads: 791)
Yikes, I'll try and follow this. Thank you soo much Vsub! I'll let you know how it goes.
I used your previous money cheat at the very beggining of the game, i sold one item to get max money back and then and completely disabled the cheat and got rid of the pnach file for it (I doubt I will ever need this cheat again after one use Tongue2).
About 8 hours later into the game chapter 3, I'm hoping the cystal cheat won't somehow conflict with the previously used money cheat.

Gotta rep you up for taking the time to carry out my request, cheers Smile

Ok time to try this out!...
I played couple of battle now,including restoring the "Sheathed Power Wrath" which cost 30000 crystals and fight two of the Seraphic Gate bosses but the game worked fine,no problems at all

And about the "conflict" part...the bad thing about this game is that it make you regret using cheats a lot later in the game.You can't be 100% sure that some code is 100% safe until you play the whole game with it.

I clear the game with my custom items(items and equipments)cheat and I didn't encounter any problem.

What I want to find is the code that actives the random battle music after clearing the game at lest once.The second time the enemys have 50% more atk and mag which isn't very fun.I want to play it on normal difficulty but to have the random battle music selector
Tried it out, amazing it works lovely, thanks again Vsub!
Only used it once, again I've disabled and got rid of the cheat file after one use. A shame the max number of crystals aren't extremely high but more than enough at this stage of the game.

I followed your steps EXACTLY as you put it. But I'm curious as to why I would have to go through that whole process of swapping save data from one card to another etc. Why not just use the cheat straight off and carry on as normal (like the money cheat)?
Are the steps above to ensure that the codes stays as reliable as possible to avoid crashing later??

Hmm if I ever complete this game soon I will let you know if I was sucessful all the way. Although you are not playing this the same way I am from what I've read, your experiences however sound a lot more promising than all those people cramming in codes and messing it all up for themselves later.

Did you manage to compile any other cheats for yourself? Though i'll probably just stick with the money and crystals. Laugh

Cheers Smile
I didn't make this code,nor the one for the money.The only cheats that I made are those for the items(there are codes that gives you all of the items,equipments and so on but I don't need all of them,I only added only those that I need(the best no color accessories,all of the needed red,blue and green assessors to have the skills I want,all of the best armors and weapons...and 99 of stats and lv(not that I used them)increasing items).

I can have characters with max stats and levels at the beginning of the game when I freeze the value of those items(this is the safest way to gain stats because this is a normal way to increase your stats)

I don't like adding too many cheats in games...they become really boring that way.

And why this long process...well the game corrupt all of your VP2 saves when it detect cheating,not just the save slot you use and save to.It's safer that way
Cool. Yeah I know what you mean by making the game boring if you use too many cheats. For the sake of cutting unessesary time and having to go over the same fights over and over again to gain money and crystals, I just used 'those' 2 cheats.
There's a handful of youtube videos where they just do one hit kills, their total gameplay time must be ridiculous! It's taking me a long time already to progress.

Ahhh I understand about the long process now. Would you have recommended this method even for the money cheat?
So far so good, but I'm only on chapter 4 anyways, so too early to say. Some people have talked about 40 hours into gameplay and having themselves screwed up for cheating, a price to pay for too much greed! Hah Tongue2

I never play a game that I like for the first time with cheats(no matter how hard something is or how long it will take to achieve something)

My first time on this game took me 126 hours(I think)and that because I don't like continuing games Tongue2...I'll do tons of other things and level up a lot(I lost count how many times I kill the Dragon Zombie in Palace Of The Venerated Dragon)but continuing a game is the last thing I do(when there is nothing else to be done and the enemys are really week then I continue the game I'm playing)

My second time was 60 hours and the third 45 hours(I think)...the game can actually be finished really fast,it's not long game(I can finish it really fast with my equipments,if I make all of my characters lv99 by using the items and gain some crystals to buy some useful seal stones(like the one that make you not entering a battle when you touch the enemy)

I don't know if you have to do the same for the money cheat but the other safe way to gain money is to freeze the amount value of some item that gives you ton's of money and sell all of it except one...I doubt that the game will consider such a thing cheating.
126 hours :o
Damn I don't think I've ever spent that long on a FF game playing normal Tongue2

I'm going to carry on as usual and see if I succeed with the 2 codes I already used. It's taking sooo long still. So much strategy and messing about with equipment.

There's one thing I don't get. The price of some of the Sealstones are ridiculous, and from what I can see they seem to be a complete waste.
For example: Sheathed Power Wrath 'Inflicted Damage 1/4' @ 30,000 cost.
But what use is that if it cuts damage inflicted for both yourself and towards the enemy? It would just drag the fight on longer.

Just things like that. Why are there seal stones that are (IMO) useless yet expensive?
I clearing Persona 3 for the first time took me 146 hours,Persona 4 more than 100 hours,FFX around 100 hours too ...it's just the first time that takes that long because I don't want the game to finish and because of that I do tons of other things other that continuing the game.

And about the useless seal stones...yes there are such stones and that stone is useful if you play on higher difficulty because.

Those are all of the crystals I can consider useful:
Black Anchor Wrath - Good for combos of the ground but you'll get less crystals...it's also good for light enemys

Ice Blessing - Since I have 4 Demon sword "Lavantine" and I always get Jessica(I get the magic skill Glacier Blizzard at lv15),I can easily kill big group of enemys with the help of this stone

Cotton Dust Wrath - Good for heavy enemys,you can easily get the max crystals per battle depending on your combos

Lifeforce Blessing - I don't think I have to comment this...of course it's one of the best seal stones

Powerless Cap Wrath - Useful if you want to quickly go from one place to another...it's just 200 crystals

Stone Hurler Wrath - Very useful for archers and projectile type attacks...if you don't mind the SLOW walking and have 2500 crystals to spare,buy it(I get it only once during the first time I played that game)

Manacles Wrath - Cheap...the enemys can't block

Experience Pig Law - Good for leveling up

Gold Grubber Law - Very useful for learning skills(the skills exp you get depends on your party lv and the enemy lv...so for example if you play against some lv 30 enemy,you are lv 40,replace all of characters with some really low level characters and then kill them,the skills exp is really high...I can learn a lot of skills that way at once)

Lawbreaker's Law - you don't need this,it can be useful in some parts of the Seaphic Gate but nowhere else...it helps you get the Elusive Air Law

Elusive Air Law - If you don't want to fight battles when you touch the enemy...I always get this stone even when I have time limit in Ravine Caverns

Secluded Valley Law - For seraphic Gate or higher difficulty...it's not cheap

Six Elements Blessing - +20% to all resistance

Yggdrasil Blessing - +20% to all stats

Powerless Pigeon Wrath - If you just wan't to quickly go somewhere(you are not going to open treasure chests)...it's great along with Powerless Cap Wrath