Can't not cheat Valkyrie Profile 2 by Artmoney 7.2.7Pro
As the title...
I'm using Pcsx 0.9.6, and I would like to use Artmoney to cheat many games. I have done it with GOW and GOW2, but Valkyrie Profile 2. It's so hard to find the true value and when I found it, I can't change it, the value change to default automatically... need help Laugh

Sponsored links

I have the USA version and if you have the same I'll try to find that cheat but I have to tell you that even in the codebreaker site the hackers there said that this game has some kind of protection against cheating and even if you do find the cheat and use it,it's possible the game to freeze/crash even on PS2.

PS.Most likely the value is similar to that on Start Ocean 3(I had some problems finding it there but I did find the money cheat on SO3)
try searching for unknown value, and filter it by saying it went down/up/didn't change

takes awhile but it can be used to find those pesky values

i used the unknown value trick to find out the code for limit gauges in KH 2/ find out the monster affection level in monster rancher
q9550 @ 4.0 GHZ
(04-23-2009, 06:50 AM)kalmari92 Wrote: try searching for unknown value, and filter it by saying it went down/up/didn't change

takes awhile but it can be used to find those pesky values

i used the unknown value trick to find out the code for limit gauges in KH 2/ find out the monster affection level in monster rancher

If the game uses the same method as on SO3 then the values you see are actually not dec values but hex and if you search in dec mode you have to convert the value you see first and then search.

And about KH2 did you look at the "Post your PCSX2 patches here" thread...I made some cheats for that game there and now I'm making some more(now I'm fixing the speed of the game code, so even if I play at 30fps the game is running like on ~80)
Here's your cheat but keep in mind that this game is highly protected against cheating,the emu can freeze/crash when you're using cheats.
I strongly recommending to disable this cheat when you don't need it.Just buy something to have max money and then disable it,and when you need money again enable it again(after all the cheat is giving you 99999999 money)
Code:
gametitle=Valkyrie Profile 2 USA
// Buy some item to have max money
patch=1,EE,20496da0,word,3c0205f5
patch=1,EE,20496da8,word,3442e0ff

The code actually have one more line but PCSX2 is not good at E? type codes.Adding that code makes the emu to crash(those E? codes are to enable this two line cheat when some condition is been met)

Attached Files
.pnach   CC96CE93.pnach (Size: 142 bytes / Downloads: 1.859)
anyone has an European Pal .pnach or cheat codes
Thanks "vsub" for your information. But there is another problem, I found the value but I can't change it. I wonder this problem is Pcsx2'fault or not.
Because to play this game we must tick "gamefix" options for Tri-Ace game ... Will this option make Pcs2 0.9.6 become unchangeable just like Pcsx2 0.9.5(VM).
(04-24-2009, 05:41 AM)phikhanh Wrote: Thanks "vsub" for your information. But there is another problem, I found the value but I can't change it. I wonder this problem is Pcsx2'fault or not.
Because to play this game we must tick "gamefix" options for Tri-Ace game ... Will this option make Pcs2 0.9.6 become unchangeable just like Pcsx2 0.9.5(VM).

It has nothing to do with what pcsx2 version you use.The game just have protection against cheating and those normal ways to find cheats won't work.The code I give you just trick the game that when you're buying something you actually are selling it for max money(this doesn't apply to selling...the cheat for selling one item for max money is other)
haven't found a game that can't be cracked yet. but one PSP game I have uses floating addreses Angry

I have to rehack the code every time I turn on the game
(04-24-2009, 07:12 AM)Saiki Wrote: haven't found a game that can't be cracked yet. but one PSP game I have uses floating addresses Angry

I have to rehack the code every time I turn on the game

I hate those