Can't play Jak & Daxter
In regards to your PC, the reason your speeds might not be the best are-

1- PCSX2 does not use any more than 2 cores (unless you use software renderer). So if you have a quad core, your most important feature is simply that quad cores are inherently clock for clock faster. But it won't use the extra cores.

2- Your CPU is not clocked at a very high rate. I'm unsure how well Jak and Daxter runs on slower PC's or if it's very intensive, but I do know that 2.4ghz is not the ideal speed to play PS2.

3- I'm unsure what graphics card or resolution you are using. Both factors can affect speed. I'm actually pretty sure that if I personally had a better graphics card for my old Pentium 4, it might have run slightly better.
System- Custom Build
CPU- Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2ghz
Memory- 8GB DDR3
Video Card- EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
OS- Windows 10 Pro x64

Sponsored links

i can only start it with native resolution (looks really pixelated), otherwise it crashs at start. and in the game some characters eyes are missing.
If you have interlacing enabled in the GSdx options try disabling it, it sometimes causes crashes when not using native.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
(11-30-2009, 07:44 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: If you have interlacing enabled in the GSdx options try disabling it, it sometimes causes crashes when not using native.

wow, that worked!
too bad the game still has some graphicerrors like jak, he has only one eye, and daxter has no eye xD Blink

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

The frame rate also feels jittery in that game even though I play at full 60fps with no hacks the game feels choppy in some areas like where you play a pc game and the frame rate dips to 20fps, the speed is still the same but it is more choppy. That is what happens with me. Is this normal?
(12-12-2009, 09:47 PM)bkwegoharder Wrote: The frame rate also feels jittery in that game even though I play at full 60fps with no hacks the game feels choppy in some areas like where you play a pc game and the frame rate dips to 20fps, the speed is still the same but it is more choppy. That is what happens with me. Is this normal?

I believe there were some small and isolated instances of lag in some of the hub levels. It's been a while since i played it, but I think this happened on a real ps2, so it's the original system's fault. Probably nothing you can do about it.
System- Custom Build
CPU- Intel Core i5 4670K @4.2ghz
Memory- 8GB DDR3
Video Card- EVGA Nvidia GTX 1060 6GB
OS- Windows 10 Pro x64
if the ps2 already had performance problems, then the ps2 emulator can be developed to have better performenance.
I know this is old thread, but does anyone have Jak & Daxter ISO for PS2? Seems like it's been taken down from *snip*
Our forum does not tolerate any kind of warez talk / discussion / links and no support will be given as such.
Read our rules,specifically rule #1. Thread closed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go