Can't run FFXII
Sad 
Hello !

I recently heard about PCSX2 and I wanted so hard to play again FFXII. (I already tried with an older version but it were reaally outdated, so it were normal that it ran really bad)
So I configurated the whole software, but when I try to play Final Fantasy XII, I barely got around 20 FPS in menus/cutscenes and 5-10 in game. I thought it were my PC specs, but I saw someone with (almost) the same CPU and a ten times worst GPU than mine (http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Final-Fan...0-Playable .I tried with medium and full speedhacks (except for the 3+ core CPU one), but nothing changes. I'm running the PAL version of the game on a iso that I extracted myself.

Here are my specs :

CPU : Intel Core i3-2310M @2.1 Ghz
GPU : Nvidia GeForce GT630M @ 1GB VRAM
RAM : 4GB

I'm using the lastest stable version (1.2.1) of PCSX2 and default plugins (except for the GS one, which is in SSE4 and Direct3D10, and the sound which I lowered quality a bit), and of course it's in native resolution.

Thanks by advance, and sorry for my awful English, I'm French and I'm dead tired. Biggrin

EDIT : Oh, when I go in the setting choice window, there are some red messages in the console screen about the GS plugin.
Code:
[wx] Failed to load shared library 'C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll' (error -1073741795: unknown error c000001d)
Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll
File is not a valid dynamic library.
Some kinda plugin failure: C:\Program Files (x86)\PCSX2 1.2.1\Plugins\gsdx32-avx2-r5875.dll

Sponsored links

Do you use softwaremode ? if yes: your mobilegpu is too weak for softwaremode
(09-09-2014, 06:30 PM)Pikasora Wrote: Do you use softwaremode ? if yes: your mobilegpu is too weak for softwaremode

Nope, I'm using hardware mode.
i wanted to say cpu anyway Tongue

Mhhh, hardwaremode uses your gpu + cpu, maybe its your gpu

try software mode: still not running: it might be the cpu

or both
The thread you actually linked is talking about previous pcsx2 revision. Ff12 was probably faster on that one since it was less accurate than the one you usin now.
Moreover, the user in this thread was using a specific outdated gsdx version. Thus sacrificing accuracy for a bit of speed.
To make it short, your cpu is a bit too weak for pcsx2.
That gpu wont help either, but shoumd be ok in native res for most cases.
You'll have to fiddle with speedhacks, but dont push them too high, since it'll probably bring more cons than pros.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(09-09-2014, 06:36 PM)jesalvein Wrote: The thread you actually linked is talking about previous pcsx2 revision. Ff12 was probably faster on that one since it was less accurate than the one you usin now.
Moreover, the user in this thread was using a specific outdated gsdx version. Thus sacrificing accuracy for a bit of speed.
To make it short, your cpu is a bit too weak for pcsx2.
That gpu wont help either, but shoumd be ok in native res for most cases.
You'll have to fiddle with speedhacks, but dont push them too high, since it'll probably bring more cons than pros.

Thanks for the reply, so I'll try to mess a bit with the settings to see if it fix something, and post the results if someone has the same problems.

Oh and, when you say "most cases", which games could run ? Are Okami and Rogue Legacy playable on my specs ?

EDIT : Has the big red creepy message some importance of should I just ignore it ?
(09-09-2014, 07:44 PM)Edern76 Wrote: Thanks for the reply, so I'll try to mess a bit with the settings to see if it fix something, and post the results if someone has the same problems.

Oh and, when you say "most cases", which games could run ? Are Okami and Rogue Legacy playable on my specs ?

Hardly.
what game(s) do you own ?
(09-09-2014, 07:45 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Hardly.
what game(s) do you own ?

Okami, Rogue Legacy, Klonoa 2, Katamari Damacy, Dark Cloud, but I saw that they are all very ressource demanding. Sad
maybe Katamari damacy with some speedhacks... You'll encounter a few slowdowns for sure, but that could be playable IMHO.
About the other ones : you'll definitely have a hard time trying to play them on your rig.
better stick to your PS2 until you can afford a better machine.
Somehow there are several threads about FFXII making problems... for my weak pc it was one of the small number of playable games...

I used EE cycle rate at 2 or 3 and vu cycle stealing at 0 if I remember correctly.
Can you check if you are gpu or cpu limited? (for example by telling us your EE% and GS% values during slowdowns...)