Can't run PSX2 NFS MW on high speed,while my computer easyly works with its PC versio
Shocked 
Can't run PSX2 NFS Mostwanted version on high speed,while my computer easyly works with its PC versionBiggrin

Actualy, each game I run on PSX2 emu works deadly slow(NFS,Final Fantsy).I used all patches,speed hacks,but still can't get any result.

Can't anybody help with this stuff)))?

Sponsored links

Maybe because emulation and running native aren't the same thing?

Some actual information about your system specs, plugins configuration, etc... may help us in trying to help you.
Imagination is where we are truly real
just 2 things:

1: emulation is not like native code. What runs on 333mhz processors (PS2) will not be easy enough to match on a pc
2: Why play most wanted on Ps2 when you have multitudes of content that adds to the game on PC?
If you can't get it to speed then you just can't.
You'll have to wait it out, maybe someday pcsx2 will improve in speed enough to play it on your current system.
Or maybe you will end up getting a new system that can play it.
Or probably combination both...

If there's a pc ver and you got it then it's probably the better ver.
If not, then it can't be that big of a deal anyways.

I was just thinking about nfs underground 2 for the ps2.
But thaught, why bother when If I wanted I could get it for the pc, and I already have nfs shift.
I mean why would play a ps2 game at native or 2x when I can play the pc ver at a full 1080p res ^^.
I wouldn't, I'de play the pc ver.

ASUS CH4, 1090t @ 4ghz, 2x1gb @ 2ghz, GT240
2x1tb Modded WD Green RAID0, Optiarc 7241S
Modded Enermax 350w

Win7 Ent x86 VLM / Win2K3 Svr Ent SP2-R2 x86 VLM
Intel core 2DUO(1.8 Ghz) = 3,6
Nvidia GeForce 8600m GT 256 mb
2GB DDR2

____

Talking about the native PC stuff - I hate all the problems that can happen while deinstallation is in process.I prefer not to install too much programs,just the best things I can find.
It seems like you are not very fond of PCs and technical things. Imagine:
The PS2 and the PC use a different language. While a PC game speaks with your hardware in PC language and thus can be directly executed, a PS2 game speaks with PS2 language to your system. Emulators like PCSX2 act like translators and turn PS2 language to PC language. And of course this process takes time and ressources. Since the PS2 is complex, it is still kind of difficult to 'translate'. Accuracy is far from perfect and efficiency/speed is also pretty low.

This explanation might not be 100% accurate but I hope it is at least understandable.
Intel i5 3450
AsRock B75-Pro3-M
Sapphire R9 290 Tri-X OC
8GB DDR3-1333 RAM
Sandisk Ultra Plus 256GB
Seagate 7200.14 1TB x2
Enermax Triathlor 450W PSU
It seems like you are not very fond of PCs and technical things.

SamSoNight,well,not actualy=))))

The thing is that installing programs meanes trashing the registry.So, as cleaning is not a perfect way to support good speed on PC and reinstalling windows is not such a plesent process(acpesialy if one consider that all my files weight more than a Terabite) - the best thing I can manage is accurat usage.
But anyway thnx for your post - it was really nice to read it))
(08-01-2010, 10:47 PM)arman4chok Wrote: It seems like you are not very fond of PCs and technical things.

SamSoNight,well,not actualy=))))

The thing is that installing programs meanes trashing the registry.So, as cleaning is not a perfect way to support good speed on PC and reinstalling windows is not such a plesent process(acpesialy if one consider that all my files weight more than a Terabite) - the best thing I can manage is accurat usage.
But anyway thnx for your post - it was really nice to read it))
The actual answer is the CPU is too slow for the PCSX2 needs, To squeeze reasonable performance, poor in most parts, for a few non demanding games it will be a real deed. Just forget some games under this CPU, it just lacks raw power, no speed hack enough to get decent FPS (what would mean breaking all accuracy) could make a game so dependent on timing and precision, like a racing game, an enjoyable experience in this case.

PS: By the other side, it could turn the task so erratic and unforeseeable that could be considered the "Pinball Wizard Super Duper difficult beyond crying" difficulty mode Smile ... or just be so sluggish to be below the "wee baby" difficulty mode

PS: One important thing that makes a huge difference between PC and Console games, is the first is synchronized with base in the real time while the second is tied to the TV standard and synchronized with the FPS as base. Making the game totally dependent on that FPS (notice it does not happens in PC where the motion perception is the same at 25FPS or 190FPS)... the "solutions", in console games emulation, that rely in getting high raw FPS with really slow actual output changes in groups of frames is responsible for the "erratic" part mentioned before, a no go for timing/precision/accuracy dependent games.
Imagination is where we are truly real
So you wana tell me that 3 point 6 gigaherz CPU is not enough for PS2??????))))))))))