Can't see Silent Hill 3 FMVs
Whenever an FMV plays in Silent Hill 3, all I get is a black screen. In software mode, it plays but keeps flashing. Is there anyway around this? Or at least is there a way for the emu to automatically fallback to software mode whenever a FMV plays?

Sponsored links

In order to help you further with your problem, please make sure the following are all provided.
  • Your hardware specs - CPU, Graphics Card, Memory, Operating System.
  • The version of PCSX2 you are using.
  • Any non default settings you are using.
  • What games you are trying to play and if you are playing them from ISO or DVD.

Thank You.

and yes, a gamefix makes automatically switch to sw mode when an FMV occurs
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-13-2015, 09:19 AM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: Or at least is there a way for the emu to automatically fallback to software mode whenever a FMV plays?

emulation settings >> Game fixes >> check "switch to GSDX software rendering when an FMV plays".

also, most likely this a Z-depth issue. so try using different clamping/rounding modes and also try out different recompilers also maybe try Interpreter for testing purposes. Smile
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
My specs are in my profile. It's an i7 4770K with GTX 980 if you're lazy. I'm using the latest git with OGL HW with all accuracy settings on and MTVU hack.
(07-13-2015, 09:56 AM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: My specs are in my profile. It's an i7 4770K with GTX 980 if you're lazy. I'm using the latest git with OGL HW with all accuracy settings on and MTVU hack.

do you get the same with dx11 hw mode ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(07-13-2015, 09:56 AM)Dr_Hycodan Wrote: My specs are in my profile. It's an i7 4770K with GTX 980 if you're lazy. I'm using the latest git with OGL HW with all accuracy settings on and MTVU hack.

did you try what I had mentioned in my previous post ? if software mode has this issue, it's most likely due to be wrong calculations by the VU.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
No, I think software mode plays it fine actually. Only the first 20 seconds are so flashes, I think that may actually be what it's meant to be. It's been over 10 years since I've last played it on my PS2 (now dead).