patch=1,EE,1031B9F8,word,0000270F
// End of Cheat

Sponsored links

change "word" to "extended"

just edit it on notepad
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Thanks but this is what i got

Cheats found!
(Patch) Error Parsing: patch=1,EE,Cheat Name: items inf
Expected 5 data parameters; only found 3
(Patch) Error Parsing: patch=1,EE,End of Cheat
Cheats Loaded: 15
(12-16-2013, 04:23 AM)treeofdeath Wrote: Thanks but this is what i got

Cheats found!
(Patch) Error Parsing: patch=1,EE,Cheat Name: items inf
(Patch) Error Parsing: patch=1,EE,End of Cheat
Cheats Loaded: 15

Take these lines out:

Code:
patch=1,EE,Cheat Name: items inf
patch=1,EE,End of Cheat
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
They are all comments like "// Start of Cheat".
Remove or comment out("// ...") them from the pnach file.

Also, in order to convert raw codes to pnach format, there is a handy tool PCSX2CE and read Step 6 of a guide A simplistic guide to pnach files.
Still there is invalid data in there, for instance here:

// Start of Cheat
patch=1,EE,Cheat Name: items inf
patch=1,EE,101BECEA,word,0000A266
patch=1,EE,201BECA4,word,24020064
patch=1,EE,End of Cheat
// End of Cheat

Line 2 and 5 are not a valid patch lines.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Pnach cheats can make certain parts of FFX hang or freeze. I recommend you use the save editor.

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-FFXED-Fin...ave-Editor
OS: Linux Mint 17.2 64 bit (occasional Antergos/Arch user)
(I am no longer a Windows user)
CPU: Intel Pentium G3258
GPU: Nvidia GTX 650 Ti

Both smartstrike and Blys Sarania are right, the use of the older direct length token (byte, short and word) should be avoided from new files since after extended was implemented.

The main reason being "extended" keeps the original code format, no need to change the first digit at the address offset. On the other hand one must be careful when trying to simply changing to extended, many original codes started with 0 or 1 may have that bit changed to 2 as was the "recommended" once upon a time and proved catastrophic. You see, 0 means the value is byte length and 1 means it is short length and if changed, the token "extended" will interpret them as "word" maybe causing issues.

The worst case is using addresses starting with 1 with any the tokens byte, short or word, this will most probably crash the emulator for poking out of game's data memory area. The problem is less grave with using 0 or 2 wrongly because pnach will mirror them to the correct address starting with 2xxxxxxx.

One final advice about parsing errors. If using non English language, open the cheat file in a decent text editor and change the encode to unicode. Non ASCII characters might confuse the parser even when the line is commented, or simply remove or change lines having any non ASCII characters, like special language characters, accentuated characters and so on.

PS: and yes, in the special case of the FF games which have the save editor, it's a lot better using them as suggested by DaTank Smile
Imagination is where we are truly real
(12-16-2013, 02:16 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Both smartstrike and Blys Sarania are right, the use of the older direct length token (byte, short and word) should be avoided from new files since after extended was implemented.

The main reason being "extended" keeps the original code format, no need to change the first digit at the address offset. On the other hand one must be careful when trying to simply changing to extended, many original codes started with 0 or 1 may have that bit changed to 2 as was the "recommended" once upon a time and proved catastrophic. You see, 0 means the value is byte length and 1 means it is short length and if changed, the token "extended" will interpret them as "word" maybe causing issues.

The worst case is using addresses starting with 1 with any the tokens byte, short or word, this will most probably crash the emulator for poking out of game's data memory area. The problem is less grave with using 0 or 2 wrongly because pnach will mirror them to the correct address starting with 2xxxxxxx.

One final advice about parsing errors. If using non English language, open the cheat file in a decent text editor and change the encode to unicode. Non ASCII characters might confuse the parser even when the line is commented, or simply remove or change lines having any non ASCII characters, like special language characters, accentuated characters and so on.

PS: and yes, in the special case of the FF games which have the save editor, it's a lot better using them as suggested by DaTank Smile

I know this is an off topic, but you seem familiar with the pnach cheating system of pcsx2.
If you know about here and could give some comments, I appreciate it.