Can't set resolution
Like I said, I'm talking about the "GS Window" settings, as in the size of the window when PCSX2 launches, not the internal resolution.

My point, no matter what I set - 1280x720,1600x900,1920x1080.. it's always 640x480 or 840x480.

Sponsored links

If you resize the window while playing and then restart pcsx2,is the size the same as the last time or the size before you tried resizing the window?
(02-25-2013, 02:01 PM)vsub Wrote: If you resize the window while playing and then restart pcsx2,is the size the same as the last time or the size before you tried resizing the window?

Never tried it to be honest, I don't know if the new size is preserved. What I know for sure the window size will be that at the boxes for "Custom Window Size" option, affected by the zoom (what is 100% by default).

@OP
The window size is a commodity and useful if going to play the game on it... normally it is used only to verify information displayed at it's tittle bar... most people run the game at fullscreen what can be toggled by double clicking the window or screen respectively.

The internal resolution (that is set at the GS plugin config, not GS window config) affects only the quality of the image but not it's size. Where possible I try to keep it nearest the monitor's native resolution.
Imagination is where we are truly real
That's the other way to set custom size...it save the size when you exit pcsx2
(02-25-2013, 02:15 PM)vsub Wrote: That's the other way to set custom size...it save the size when you exit pcsx2

Hey, that works. Weird how you can't set it custom, though.

Also, what exactly is the resolution when I set 6x native? Is it 1920x1080? That would be roughly 6x the pixels.
(02-25-2013, 03:45 PM)Trackhr Wrote: Hey, that works. Weird how you can't set it custom, though.

Also, what exactly is the resolution when I set 6x native? Is it 1920x1080? That would be roughly 6x the pixels.

My advice, avoid anything above 4x, there is no significant gain above this to compensate for the stress on the card (supposing the game will ever run at that upscale on your card).
(02-25-2013, 03:45 PM)Trackhr Wrote: Hey, that works. Weird how you can't set it custom, though.

Maybe UAC again...not sure.It works fine here

(02-25-2013, 03:45 PM)Trackhr Wrote: Also, what exactly is the resolution when I set 6x native? Is it 1920x1080? That would be roughly 6x the pixels.

The scale modes are the game native resolution modified by the mode you choose.Not every game have the same native resolution

For example game with 640x448 at 6x scale will be 3840x2688 but above 3\4x there isn't mush difference but the gpu usage is much higher which can lead to lowering the speed
(02-25-2013, 04:08 PM)vsub Wrote: Maybe UAC again...not sure.It works fine here

The scale modes are the game native resolution modified by the mode you choose.Not every game have the same native resolution

For example game with 640x448 at 6x scale will be 3840x2688 but above 3\4x there isn't mush difference but the gpu usage is much higher which can lead to lowering the speed

I've set it manually to 3840x2160, but it still looks pixelated in some areas. Is that just the max the textures can hold?
(02-25-2013, 04:13 PM)Trackhr Wrote: I've set it manually to 3840x2160, but it still looks pixelated in some areas. Is that just the max the textures can hold?

let's assume you have a gtx 690 or HD 7970 with at least 2GB of VRAM.

If it looks pixelated you may be playing a 2D game or something is wrong.

Remember, that is not actually the same as "actual" higher texture resolution, is the same original texture, just with more points that are an extrapolation of existing ones. The image becomes better but in no way will get more detailed, if you had a flat skin or leather texture before you still get a flat skin or leather texture, just a bit flatter yet.

Edit: Not saying is your case but from some threads is to believe a lot of people believe they can get PS4 quality on PS2 or better even... Smile Post processing can filter some things but can't add details that could/should be there from start but aren't.
Yes, of course. Texture resolution cannot be heightened.

But I suppose, a game running at 1920x1080 should still be more sharp, in my mind.

Oh well, I suppose there's no point complaining about it.

Thanks, guys.