Can't take any Screenshots
Hi, so I've been having an issue with PCSX2 lately where I can't take any screenshots anymore. It happens on all games and I'm using the latest dev build. I tried pressing F8, Shift+F8, and Ctrl+Shift+F8, but none of them do anything sadly. All of the other hotkeys work just fine though. What's strange about this is that I was able to take screenshots in earlier builds but not anymore apparently.

Sponsored links

Are you on a laptop?
No, desktop.
Okay, I noticed something interesting from looking at the console window, when I press Shift+F8 the game freezes temporarily and the console shows me this error:
GSDump: Error failed to open C:\Users\Jos_ Gonz_lez\Documents\Programs\Emulators\PCSX2\snaps\gsdx_20180626212122.gs.xz
use alt+printscreen then paste on paint.
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
Yes, I know I can just do that but I need to take raw, native-res screenshots for some Wiki articles I'm editing and the best way to do that is with PCSX2's screenshot feature.
(06-27-2018, 03:57 AM)icup321 Wrote: GSDump: Error failed to open C:\Users\icup321\Documents\Programs\Emulators\PCSX2\snaps\gsdx_20180626212122.gs.xz

Probably means the fopen() in code fails, might be worth knowing the state of the errno variable. (You could find out if you have VS debugger with you)

Or maybe it's some sort of permission issue with the files? (preventing the access of files in that directory) Can you provide the content of your full emulog?
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
I think I might know what's causing it now actually. Ever since I re-installed Windows, some programs don't work properly because my username has special characters in it which causes the programs to not be able to save or access directories properly. Anyway, I attached the log file in case I'm wrong.

Attached Files
.txt   log.txt (Size: 5,84 KB / Downloads: 112)
(06-28-2018, 06:51 AM)icup321 Wrote: Ever since I re-installed Windows, some programs don't work properly because my username has special characters in it which causes the programs to not be able to save or access directories properly.

Probably that's the case.
Acourding to the log,pcsx2 is trying to save in
C:\Users\Jos_ Gonz_lez\Documents\Programs\Emulators\PCSX2\snaps\
But there is not such directory "Jos_ Gonz_lez"
https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2/issues/2478

As a temporary solution,you can use the betas and run it from your non windows drive.
Keep in mind that your current game progress will still be in the Documents folder and the beta will load saves and settings from the same directory as pcsx2(you ca just move them and problem solved but the save states will probably be incompatible so it's best to save your progress to the memory cards)