Can the i7-5930K Haswell-e run every compatible game on Windows perfectly?
Could give the Snowblind engine games a try vsub. those hit the CPU HARD on default settings without speedhacks. But 1 tick on both EE and VU cyclestealing and they become more playable.

Sponsored links

(10-28-2014, 11:42 PM)CrackedNuckles Wrote: This is the fastest Intel processor in the world, it seems, or one of the top ten at the very least. Some notes:

3.18+ software threads.

4.20 MB+ of L3 cache.

The 'fastest Intel processor in the world' is a variable answer if you ask me. Yes the i7-5930K is clocked higher than the i7-5960X, but the 5960X has 8 cores. Out of these two processors, if you're workload is heavily multi-threaded, the 5960X is better. On the other hand if your workload is heavily dependent on single thread performance then the 5930K is your guy.

3. It has 12 threads. Hyper-Threading gives you two threads per core, so in order to calculate the number of threads you just multiply the number of cores by 2.

4. You're confusing it with the 5960X. The 5930K has 15MB of L3.

I'm not even sure why you're entertaining the idea of using this processor for PCSX2. All the extra money you're spending on cores (and a more expensive motherboard) is kind of a waste for PCSX2. If we're talking hardware mode and stock speeds, the i5-4690K can perform just as well (or better, according to PassMark's STP scores) than this processor. Even my i5-4670K has a higher STP than this processor.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
well for 99.999% people it may seem like a waste of money....but for some researchers/designers, getting some critical test results as fast as possible is of utmost importance, and may as well save them MORE money in other ways (like if they get a working design out before their rival company)
Even in systems which run 24/7, faster processors in the same TDP range will comfortably recover the higher costs in a year or so through reduced electricity bills, as they do more work for the same amount of power consumed. but, considering this processor only for pcsx2 is like waste of money.
(11-22-2014, 04:09 AM)white fang Wrote: well for 99.999% people it may seem like a waste of money....but for some researchers/designers, getting some critical test results as fast as possible is of utmost importance, and may as well save them MORE money in other ways (like if they get a working design out before their rival company)
Even in systems which run 24/7, faster processors in the same TDP range will comfortably recover the higher costs in a year or so through reduced electricity bills, as they do more work for the same amount of power consumed.

I'm (as I hope most people considering buying this processor are) well aware of the usage scenarios of such a beast of a processor. Not sure what the point of this statement is on a thread about how the i5-5930K performs on PCSX2.

(11-22-2014, 04:09 AM)white fang Wrote: but, considering this processor only for pcsx2 is like waste of money.

That's exactly my point, it's a waste of money for PCSX2.
[Image: pNm13X9.gif]
Windows 10 Pro x64 Version 1909 | AMD Ryzen 5 5600X | GIGABYTE AORUS GeForce GTX 1080 Ti | Crucial 16GB (2x8GB) DDR4 3600 RAM | Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD | WD Red Plus 8TB

CPU Intensive Games
GPU Intensive Games
Games that don't need a strong CPU
no, i just mentioned it's merits other than pcsx2 because, you guys made the processor look like waste overall.
[The Haswell-E chips - particularly the 5930K and the 5960X - are aimed primarily at people that do a lot of encoding/rendering/number crunching. Getting a Haswell-E part for mere video game emulation [or video games themselves] is a bit much. Of course, enthusiasts love having the newest, fastest parts, so if you've the cash for it, more power to you. I do not think anyone is trying to say that CPU is a waste of cash; merely that dropping 600 bones on a 5930K with the sole intention of emulating games on PCSX2 is a waste of cash. Let's not forget, all Haswell-E chips run on the X99 chipset, which requires DDR4 - much of which will set you back 500 bones for a quad channel kit, last I checked.

If you're looking to rock the latest games and surf the web, watch movies and have a good time, go with a good i5. If you also wanna encode like crazy or use render images and movies with Adobe software, get an i7. If you're an enthusiast with deep pockets who loves encoding as much as breathing, get the 5960X. That's all there really is to it. And honestly? I would find it more useful to have a big, fat 1,000 dollar GPU and a 250-350 dollar CPU than a 1,000 dollar CPU and a 200 dollar GPU for doing super crazy upscaling with PCSX2. Not that you *need* something that expensive [you really don't. I can run virtually any PS2 game I want with a mid-level card with all the upscaling I want] but if I had my pick, that would be it]
Asus Sabertooth Z77
Intel Core i7 3770K
EVGA Superclocked GTX 660 2 GB
Sound BlasterRecon 3D Fatal1ty
Samsung Evo 840 120 GB SSD
Seagate 4 TB HDD | Seagate 3TB HDD | Seagate 2 TB HDD