Can this configuration handle PCSX2?
Hello everyone, for many reasons I have to change PC, I hope I will do it soon.

My current PC is old and is not strong enough to run PCSX2. 
I'm not looking for a monster-pc: I just would like a good PC, so I found an interesting laptop on the Internet that I would like to buy, with the following configuration:

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5-3500U 2.1 GHz
GPU: AMD Radeon Vega 8 2GB
512GB SSD
RAM: 8GB

Now here's the reason of this post existance: I have a lot of original PS2 disks at home, and I really would like to play them again, is this a good configuration for PCSX2? Would I be able to play smooth ALL the PS2 games? GTA Vice City, GTA 3, Bully, Ratchet and Clank, Prince of Persia, Dragon Ball Z Budokai Tenkaichi 2 at a stable and good frame rate? (not less than 30FPS)? Because I'm going to move from my house, and in the moments where I don't have nothing to do, I wish I could play these old games, which I haven't touched for ages and ages. 

Is there anyone who has got this configuration and uses PCSX2 without any problems? Or maybe, does some expert know if this CPU and GPU combination is strong enough? I have searched some benchmark on YouTube already, but there are too few videos with this configuration and I would like to hear your thoughts.

I hope you will answer me because this is a quite important thing for me. Thank you!

P.S.: I hope my English is clear and without too errors xD

Sponsored links

Your cpu is ok but igpu is weak.
(08-21-2020, 01:41 AM)sportster Wrote: Your cpu is ok but igpu is weak.

So? Should I look for another PC? Would it be impossible to play PCSX2 on this configuration?
If you buy a labtop just for pcsx2 I suggest you look for another one. Yes you will experience slowdown for the above configuration.
(08-21-2020, 01:54 AM)sportster Wrote: If you buy a labtop just for pcsx2 I suggest you look for another one. Yes you will experience slowdown for the above configuration.

Are you sure? How many FPS? Please don't give me quick answers, it's important for me. 

I'd like to listen as much opinions as possible.

I'm not buying a laptop just for pcsx2 or gaming, but, once I buy a laptop, it would be a good thing if it could handle pcsx2.

Other opinions?
Agreed. The laptop will start hanging after a certain period of time. There are way better options available mybpcreditcard
To make it clear : it won't run smoothly ALL the PS2 games.
Better concentrate on the ones you own.

Except Ratchet & clank, the ones you listed above will play around 30fps with that laptop you plan to get.
Means they will play at half speed.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Thanks for the answers guys. 

So, which minimum configuration would you suggest me to play decently the previously listed games? As you're saying, these specs don't allow it...
To play ratchet & clank the most powerful CPU you can find,and a decent mid-range gpu.
Laptops aren't of course recommended, but with a 1500-2000$ laptop, to could get satisfying results
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
daniel_wawa9 Wrote:Thanks for the answers guys. 

So, which minimum configuration would you suggest me to play decently the previously listed games? As you're saying, these specs don't allow it...

You should be fine with a laptop with amd r5 3600 / intel i7 6700 cpu and GeForce gtx 1050ti gpu.