Can you edit existing widescreen paches for 21:9 ? (and a windows 7 question)
Hi i have registered here to ask this since i didn't see an answer for this, currently all i have seen on youtube for gaming 21:9 with PCSX2 are some roundabout ways. But can't you just edit a 16:9 wide patch and make it 21:9 ? And if its hard to do so.

My windows 7 question is related to the recent support drop, most of what i could find on the subject is that just X-Audio was dropped and currently PCSX2 should still work fine on windows 7 via direct audio or using the old X-Audio Plugin with newer releases, is that true ? Or is it a more complex change ? I want to hold on a for a while later to my windows 7 install and was curious about this.

PS: when i saw the security question of "What console does PCSX2 emulate?" i was really tempted to write Xbox/Dreamcast Tongue .

Sponsored links

At present both spu2-x (specifically xaudio) and GSdx (specifically d3d11) are non-functional.
These can be worked around by using older plugins or avoiding those backends.
[Image: HkgHT5k.gif]
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

Spu2-X i understand, but GSDX why? I know for instance you need an up to date windows 7 install for all DX 11 functions but i never heard of windows 10 having DX 11 functions that 7 doesn't have.
You can't get all features of D3D11/DXGI from Windows 7. I don't know where you heard that but it is incorrect.
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

Oh i completely forgot about lvl2 (dx 11.2) that was introduced with windows 8.1... Now i get it, though at this point why not just move to dx12 and be done with it, since windows 10 has remain the only option, and its the most feature rich one.

That said what about the the widescreen patches wouldn't it be more simple to just modify those for 21:9?
We still support Windows 8.1.

For patches I'm not an expert but you'd have to modify them. PCSX2 doesn't support 21:9 output so you might have to do something funky to make it work anyway. I'll leave it for the patch people to expand on.
もっとちゃんと言ってよ
忘れないようメモにしてよ

Can't say i see the point in supporting windows 8.1 at this point especially when dropping 7 considering its pretty much abandoned.... (nvidia, and i think realtek to among others, for example don't even release drivers for it anymore just for windows 10 and 7).

That said, hopefully someone knowledgeable in widescreen patches comes along and to see if its hard or not to just mod the existing 16:9 to 21:9.
Yes, you can mod 16:9 to 21:9, but the easiness of it depends randomly on the actual patch.

You should post widescreen questions in the widescreen patch thread or stuff like gets buried.

And you can request 21:9 patches there.
(09-29-2020, 07:16 PM)Devina Wrote: Yes, you can mod 16:9 to 21:9, but the easiness of it depends randomly on the actual patch.

You should post widescreen questions in the widescreen patch thread or stuff like gets buried.

And you can request 21:9 patches there.

Thank you very much, i archived the folder and will ask there then when i'm ready to try my hands at it Smile.
One more question actually, which is the latest pcsx2 build that still supports windows 7 so that i can get by till i upgrade?